cmp charged my card... how long to ship?

PDA

1KPerDay
July 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
used to be they didn't charge your card until they shipped, right? They charged it on the 10th of July... order's been in for a month or two.

Anyone had a recent order that can ease my mind a bit? I can't wait to meet my new lady Inland....

If you enjoyed reading about "cmp charged my card... how long to ship?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
July 16, 2009, 08:30 PM
FTC says 30 days or they must have your approval to keep the backorder or offer a refund and cancellation.

Lots of companies are violating this these days :(

1KPerDay
July 16, 2009, 09:54 PM
I hope it's not that long.... I don't think I can take it...

SaxonPig
July 17, 2009, 12:30 AM
They got my Carbine order on 4/1 and on 7/8 it popped up in pending. Still there 8 days later with no ship date listed. This seems like a long time to be in process.

mgkdrgn
July 17, 2009, 01:45 PM
They got my Carbine order on 4/1 and on 7/8 it popped up in pending. Still there 8 days later with no ship date listed. This seems like a long time to be in process.

Which means ... your order arrived on 4/1. It got entered into the processing system on 7/8. When all of the other orders that got into the processing system -before- yours get processed, yours will get shipped.

they have been SWAMPED with orders. They clearly say that several times on the side. Don't expect =any= action on your order for 120+ days. Actual shipping may be 30-60 days after that.

Patience grasshopper ... it's coming, and it -is- worth the wait.

mgkdrgn
July 17, 2009, 01:48 PM
used to be they didn't charge your card until they shipped, right? They charged it on the 10th of July... order's been in for a month or two.

Anyone had a recent order that can ease my mind a bit? I can't wait to meet my new lady Inland....

They charge your card when the order goes to shipping ... along with many many others. I'm confident you'll have it shortly.

(ps ... if it's only been a "month or two", somehow you "jumped the line". My orders have run 120 - 160 days)

alde
July 17, 2009, 02:08 PM
On the CMP forum people are reporting that they are getting thier Carbines about 90 days after CMP gets the order. My last order seemed to sit for a week or so after they charged my card. That was ammo but it's probably no different than a rifle. I am waiting on a Carbine that I ordered on May 8th. I got my email telling me they got my order on June 8th. Nothing since. It's probably a month or more out for me.

D94R
July 17, 2009, 06:31 PM
My card was charged and the next day I was emailed my tracking info. Order was shipped 2 days later and arrived 4 days after that (due to work vs time FedEx shows up).

Total time from being charged to delivery was 6 days.

The ammo for the Garands was a couple days after that. The .30 Carbine though was about 2 weeks later.

1KPerDay
July 17, 2009, 07:05 PM
How long ago was this? thanks

XTerminator
July 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
I ordered a POSTER from them 2 MONTHS AGO and it's still "pending" :cuss:

Steve

DPMSAR
July 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Call and find out is always the simplest method

SaxonPig
July 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
Order mailed 3/28.

Order received 4/1 (4 days).

Order posted as in process 7/7 (98 days).

Item shipped 7/17 (10 days).

Sent Fed-Ex overnight but scheduled for delivery 2/20 (I guess weekends don't count) (3 days).

I really wish they had sent it Thursday because I was home on Friday. Now I will have to play tag with Fed-Ex as I will be at work when they are trying to deliver and signature is required.

Total time, 115 days from envelope in the mail to rifle at the door (assuming I can somehow meet the driver on Monday). Now we'll have to see how bad this thing will turn out to be.

Also, despite the notice on the order that appeared when it went into "processing" status (your card has not yet been charged...), my credit card WAS charged on 7/7 according to the bill that arrived on the 17th.

Now I can start waiting on the Garand that I ordered 6/15.

mgkdrgn
July 18, 2009, 08:20 PM
Now I will have to play tag with Fed-Ex as I will be at work when they are trying to deliver and signature is required.

If you know the FedEx tracking number (and you should), contact them via email on their web site and ask that the package be held at the station for pickup.

1KPerDay
July 20, 2009, 01:07 PM
Well it's been 10 days since the charge (one charge for M1 carbine, one charge for HXP) and the carbine still shows up in "Pending orders" as 'Processing' and "TBD" in the ship window. The HXP shows up in "order history" with "ASAP" in the ship window.

An order of .30 carbine ammo shows up as "Open" with "TBD" in the ship window, but my card hasn't been charged for that.

:confused:

You used to be able to count on them to ship immediately if your card was charged. I guess they're too busy now. They need to modify their online invoices and remove "your credit card has not been charged at this time" unless it actually hasn't. I just hope it ships pretty soon. :)

1KPerDay
July 22, 2009, 12:30 AM
This is wild... I got a can of HXP today and it still shows up as "shipping: ASAP: in my order history. LOL they must be really busy.

1KPerDay
July 22, 2009, 05:42 PM
Update today on the estore... now there's a highlighted bit at the bottom of my rifle order that says
origianl order (XXXXXX) deleted
R017IN moved from original order to ship out of Ohio

:confused:

FlyinBryan
July 22, 2009, 06:01 PM
call them 1k

i know they say dont bother us, but everytime ive called they have been really helpful.

i always get an actual human without too much trouble (minimal "talk to the machine" biz)

alde
July 22, 2009, 06:01 PM
That just means that the South Store is out of what you ordered and they have to ship it from the North Store. You are ok. Don't worry.

1KPerDay
July 22, 2009, 06:23 PM
cool thanks...

leadcounsel
July 22, 2009, 06:38 PM
Says on the order form that they charge it when they receive the order and shipping may take several months. Be patient. You'll be satisfied.

1KPerDay
July 22, 2009, 07:06 PM
Says on the order form that they charge it when they receive the order you sure about that?

rscalzo
July 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you for your on-line order. Your credit card has not been charged at this time. Your order will be reviewed by CMP staff prior to final processing and credit card charging

Order HXP placed 4/09. Listed as shipped 7/18/09. CC charged the date of shipment.

1KPerDay
July 31, 2009, 05:14 PM
Apparently my wife says FEDEX dropped a rifle-sized package off this morning. I have had no notification from CMP nor does it show up as "shipped" on the order history or pending orders.

I'm not complaining. :D I did get a Fedex shipment notification that said AMMO on it... got it today. Hopefully it's the carbine ammo I ordered 4 months ago.

BTW anyone know when an inland serial# 3 million was made? The charts I've seen say they only went up to 2.7M or something... :confused:

krs
July 31, 2009, 06:09 PM
That's approx. how many INLAND made - 2,632,097.

There were a LOT more carbines made than that. Inland serial number blocks, seven of them, start at 2.9 million and go as high as 8,069,660.

krs
July 31, 2009, 06:13 PM
1KPerDay: "Apparently my wife says FEDEX dropped a miniature rifle-sized package off this morning"

I fixed it.

So you say that your wife APPARENTLY said something......are you deaf? :D

-this is your grammar speaking.

SaxonPig
July 31, 2009, 06:25 PM
My order was received 4/1, was listed as Pending on 7/7, and was shipped on 7/20. I did receive notice the day it was shipped via email. Even though the statement viewable online said "Your card has not been charged..." right through until several days AFTER I received it my credit card statement shows it was charged on 7/7 the same day it was listed as Pending.

krs
July 31, 2009, 06:34 PM
The notification process has always been odd, even before all you desperados overload their systems.

I've gotten their email notice as much as two days after I had the rifle(s) involved in my hands.

1KPerDay
July 31, 2009, 06:53 PM
anyone know about the SN?

1KPerDay
July 31, 2009, 06:55 PM
That's approx. how many INLAND made - 2,632,097.

There were a LOT more carbines made than that. Inland serial number blocks, seven of them, start at 2.9 million and go as high as 8,069,660.
Ah... thanks. So SN 3 million doesn't mean it was the 3 milllionth INLAND, just the 3 millionth Carbine. Holy crap... really? They made that many carbines?

krs
July 31, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yep, and they shut down the production almost right at the end of 1944 and never made any more. All of them were made between Nov.1942 and Dec. 1944 - an amazing feat of manufacturing, as was the entire war's manufacturing level.

There were blocks of serial numbers allocated to the manufacturers. It could be any amount and would appear like batch one = 2,0 million through 3.2 million. Another maker might be given batch two from 3,200,000 through 4,000,000, and so on and on.

The above examples do not reflect actual allocations of numbers - it's easier to not have to look up the actual numberings. In actuality there were numbers never assigned a rifle and there were a number of duplications if one number batch was partially assigned to two or more makers.

Inland is by far the most common of them all - 43% of the total of carbines are/were Inlands.. None of the other makers made one million of them.

Your rifle cost the gov'mt a little over $39., by the way.

1KPerDay
July 31, 2009, 11:31 PM
Well it came, and truthfully I'm a bit disappointed. The wood is in rough shape. The handguard rattles and is very worn, the stock has multiple gouges and scratches. Overall it appears in MUCH worse shape than the rack grade NPM I got last year. Plus I requested a non-potbelly if possible (my NPM is a potbelly and I wanted one with the slimmer profile) and this is potbelly also. I HOPE the condition of the barrel warrants its grading as a service grade... but I don't have gauges.

Oh well... I guess a good sanding/refinishing is in order. :)

Barrel is inland 44... is the low 3 million range correct for that date? Anyone know? If it is I suppose it might be the original barrel.

shotgunjoel
August 1, 2009, 12:43 AM
I was at the South store this morning where I backordered carbine ammo. They said that they would charge my card when it ships. So now I bought a rifle from them and have no ammo! :fire: I did stop at this place and buy one box of S&B for 33.99! Rip off! I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't felt bad about asking about it. Sorry for the saga.

1KPerDay
August 1, 2009, 02:11 AM
I'm throwing this stock in the dishwasher as I figure I have nothing to lose. The metal looks to be in very good shape. :cool:

SaxonPig
August 1, 2009, 09:31 AM
I think the days of getting a surplus Carbine with nice wood are way over. I see decent replacements around for $60-$100 or you can rework the one you have.

I think all the Carbines from the CMP are coming with the later style stocks as they were all rebuilt after the war and the wood was routinely replaced.

If you are truly as disappointed as you sound with the rifle maybe you should sell it and buy one of the new production models? Or look for one locally so you can inspect it before buying and find one in the condition you want (but be ready to pay a lot more than $500 for it). Buying a rifle from the CMP is a bit of "pig in a poke" affair. Most who do it want rifles with history rather than beauty.

The one I got a couple weeks ago was relatively free of gouges, did have a few dings, and was badly stained. I lightly sanded it to remove the dark spots and it looks better IMO.

Before:

http://www.fototime.com/511FA4702A26465/standard.jpg

After:

http://www.fototime.com/3460134B6D23113/standard.jpg

krs
August 1, 2009, 09:46 AM
Those carbines were treated more roughly in service, most likely, just because of their lightness and relatively small size. Try to remember that you're buying used war material - used first by us then used by an assortment of foriegn country's forces.

Besides, you can't say that they didn't warn you " All the carbines we have are returns from one of several countries and may have USGI walnut, birch or other foreign replacement wood. Stocks may be M2 type pot belly. Wood may have seen heavy use, may or may not have original cartouches and may have foreign markings. Wood is sound, but will have dings, dents, gouges and cracks that do not affect the function of the carbine.

How can you be disapointed, particularly at only $495. ?

If you want a really nice looking carbine buy a really nice looking stock and don't waste your time with 'refinishing'.

edit: although carbines are not so easily dated by their serial numbers as the M1 rifle usually is, if your number is below 3,212,519 that is probably NOT the originally installed barrel unless possibly Inland didn't meet the completion/delivery of the contract that included that number and those down to 2,912,520.
That may be the case, but you're going to have to do your own research to find out. Your whining has wrecked my willingness to try to help you. :)

longdayjake
August 1, 2009, 11:08 AM
If youre going to dishwasher it I want before and after pics.

1KPerDay
August 1, 2009, 04:50 PM
Pics on the way. I'm on my second coat of wipe-on poly. I didn't want to mess with PTO or BLO this time.

It's looking positively 100% better. but I'm still not in love with it.

The metal looks nearly new. I suppose that's the service grade coming out. My boy (who I will be giving this rifle to eventually) is really happy with the rosewood stain I used so I guess I'll leave it. It's a bit more opaque than I would prefer but it looks a lot better than it did.

paintballdude902
August 1, 2009, 06:15 PM
i dont like the whipe on polly ive used it a few times and if you get a ding in it it will start to chip

ive fallen in love with the birchwood cassey stock finish it tuns out great on every rifle i used it on

1KPerDay
August 1, 2009, 10:22 PM
Tru-oil, you mean?

Here are some pics for those interested.

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=466128

If you enjoyed reading about "cmp charged my card... how long to ship?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!