Eric Brooks CZ-452 trigger kit

PDA

TEC
July 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
About two months ago, through his web site. I ordered and and paid, confirmed by PayPal, a trigger kit and new screws for the action on my CZ-452.

http://cz452.com/springkit.html

Although PayPal confirms the payment, I got no confirmation of any sort from Eric Brooks acknowledging the order. I have not received the trigger kit or screws. He has not responded in any way to about 8 separate email queries I made to the email address to which PayPal payment was confirmed.

Eric: If you are out there, what is going on?
Others: Order from Mr. Brooks at your own risk. I would rate him as a poor seller, except that he hasn't sold me anything yet -- only apparently taken the money.

Not that expensive of a lesson, but I must admit, it does annoy me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eric Brooks CZ-452 trigger kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChristopherG
July 16, 2009, 10:42 PM
This is a drag to hear; I ordered a trigger kit and scope base for a cz452 almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard word one (except that the paypal charge went through on the same day). Hope your experience is atypical.

TEC
July 16, 2009, 10:48 PM
Did you send him any emails there after asking about the order status? If so, has he responded?

If any of you out there know Eric or what is going on, please let us know.

Thanks.

juk
July 16, 2009, 11:53 PM
Yall might want to take this to rimfire central. To the best of my knowledge (dont take this as gospel) Mr Brooks hasn't been heard from for quite some time. There are several people in the same boat. That is to say, they all paid and never got their products and have not received any word from him. There are a few people over there in the CZ forum that are now making parts and have a great rep. There is one guy that makes a trigger kit that is similar to erics. I believe that he is asking 18$ per kit. And one guy is making a set of competition globe sights that put many others to shame. I have sent many emails to Eric Brooks starting as far back as 18 months ago and have not gotten a peep back. hope this helps some.

TEC
July 17, 2009, 12:02 AM
Understand. I just feel bad that I posted I had ordered from the guy and even forwarded the link to his web site to someone here (Christopher?). The he turns out to be a flake. I can certainly take it to RFC and have, but just felt inclined to make sure the CZ shooters on THR got the info. Wish I had gotten the skinny on Mr. Brooks earlier. Live and learn.

juk
July 17, 2009, 12:12 AM
From what I have read, he used to be a posterboy of customer service. He seemingly dropped off the face of the earth one day. Many fear the worst.

TEC
July 17, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, I need to start planning for my retirement, too.

JohnBT
July 17, 2009, 10:30 AM
"From what I have read, he used to be a posterboy of customer service."

True, based on my experiences many years ago when I spent a lot of time on RFC. One of my orders never showed up and he promptly reshipped. I think it was two torque wrenches, but it's been a lot of years.

John

EAJ
July 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yep, there have been problems ordering through the EB website for awhile now. Assuming that they're still being manufactured you might try whittakerguns.com. They used to stock them.

ChristopherG
July 20, 2009, 01:07 PM
Update:
Today I received this email message, my first communication since I placed my order and made my payment through paypal:

Sorry about the delays you should have it in about 2-3 days.
Eric Brooks
CZ452.com
service@cz452.com

So hope springs afresh!

Horsemany
July 20, 2009, 05:12 PM
I have no personal experience with him but I've read these same complaints for a couple of years now on various forums. Poor communication for weeks is the common thread.

TEC
July 21, 2009, 06:52 PM
The trigger kit arrived today. I double checked the order date: June 19 was the PayPal date. So, I overstated the delay -- one month, not two. But the only communication from Eric was arrival of the envelope with the parts.

How much less angst might there have been with 1) a confirmation of the order, and 2) some communication from the seller that the order was delayed and when it might ship.

Anyway, thank you, Eric, for shipping the kit, even though i have already done my own trigger tune at this point. I will use the action bolts and save the trigger parts for my next CZ.

glockster157
August 4, 2009, 12:41 AM
This guy has lied to a bunch of people and only responds when something gets disputes. He stole $42 from me and has beat a lot of people of of their money. I plan to contact the AG in his area and see what I can do.

Order from this guy at your own risk. Check him out on rimfire central.

TEC
August 4, 2009, 01:38 AM
I consider a "lie" to be an active misrepresentation of the truth. EB didn't lie to me. And he did eventually ship what I ordered to me for the agreed upon price. It just took over 1 month and lacked any feedback of any sort.

Poor customer service and a passive lack of communication? -- yes. Did he actively lie to me, steal from me (by not sending what I ordered), or send me something I didn't order? No -- I certainly cannot and will not accuse EB of that.

I suspect the guy is over-extended or has some personal issues or what ever -- but it apparently prevents him from attending to his on-line business in the professional manner that I, for one, expect when dealing with fellow fire arm and air gun enthusiasts.

The sin was poor service, not dishonesty.

glockster157
August 4, 2009, 07:18 AM
OK, he didn't lie to you then, he lied to me. He told me flat out that he was shipping my order and I never got it. You got yours, I got cheated, you got poor customer service and I got ripped off. My message to the general public is

Order at your own risk from this guy. To me he is a liar and a cheat.

CZguy
August 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
OK, he didn't lie to you then, he lied to me. He told me flat out that he was shipping my order and I never got it. You got yours, I got cheated, you got poor customer service and I got ripped off. My message to the general public is

Order at your own risk from this guy. To me he is a liar and a cheat.

Must be some kind of Karma thing. :neener:

Lighten up.............it's the high road. :cool:

canislupus
August 7, 2009, 04:56 PM
Just great (not).

Unfortunately I ordered the Brooks CZ kit before I came across this forum. I figured I'd have it by now, being only an hour or so away from this guy (he's in Oneonta, NY according to the address). But I hadn't saved the link to the ordering page and had to google it, and stumbled onto the forum (which I have joined).

This is annoying to say the least. It's only 14 bucks but 14 bucks is 14 bucks. Worse, as is the case with any of us with busy lives, it takes a lot of time to research anything of interest, in this case the need for a better trigger for our CZs. I was hoping to have the kit, install it, and be shooting this weekend. Now a week is lost and no word from him. I can imagine how frustrating it is to others who have waited much longer.

Eric.... if you read this, be advised: I've had no confirmation or communication from you, only from PayPal to the effect you're collecting my money from me. I'll be sending you an email requesting confirmation and what the status is, and I expect a response, and it better be soon. Based on the the comments in this forum and my own experience, I'm also contacting PayPal about the matter. Most importantly, I am contacting Andy Cuomo's office here. Anybody, in any state, unless they live under a rock, knows he's the New York AG. Since you (presumably, unless you've left) live in New York state, you surely know this as well as anyone.

For readers of this thread who have waited longer than a reasonable amount of time to receive their kits, the NYS AG's office takes a dim view of the type of anti-consumer behavior described in this thread. If you have not gotten prompt satisfaction, you can file a complaint with the NYS Attorney General's Office, Consumer Frauds Bureau, at the following link: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/bureaus/consumer_frauds/filing_a_consumer_complaint.html

You can also file a formal complaint with the New York State Consumer Protection Board via email, at the following link: https://www1.consumer.state.ny.us/cpb/CauComplaintForm.html. The CPB deals with the type of issue described in the thread, including credit card payments. They will directly intervene with a vendor as appropriate.

Horsemany
August 7, 2009, 06:56 PM
Canislupus

Welcome to the forum. Wish the circumstances were better.

yakkingallover
August 8, 2009, 08:49 AM
About two years ago, my then girlfriend now wife ordered a ghost ring sight for me from Eric Brooks. After a long time with no responses or communication what so ever we just gave up. Over one year after the months we tried and gave up on a random day my sight showed up. I had already scoped the rifle by then. total time was probably about 16 months. It took me longer than that to propose so I guess patience is subjective.

viking499
August 8, 2009, 08:57 AM
I ordered a ghost ring sight in Feb of 2008. Mail must REALLY be running slow:cuss:

A couple of e-mails sent. No replies. Figured it was a learning experience

CZguy
August 9, 2009, 05:11 AM
I had already scoped the rifle by then. total time was probably about 16 months. It took me longer than that to propose so I guess patience is subjective.

You are a wise man, and with an attitude like that will have a pleasant stress free life. :cool:

canislupus
August 17, 2009, 05:09 PM
Follow up to my August 7 post: I was very glad to receive the kit this past Friday, August 14, which was two weeks after I placed the order. I emailed Brooks once to follow up on my original order last week but did not contact anyone else (AG, Paypal, etc.) since I didn't feel I was justified in doing so after only a week.

It took a bit longer than I would have liked (absent a notice of receipt of my order or confirmation or notice of backlog) compared with my experience with pother online and catalog orders; but probably within reason. In any case, much sooner than many of you have had to wait. Hopefully this means any backlog is cleared up and you have received yours also.

Will let you know how installation goes. I may have gunsmith do the install since a gunsmith I am NOT.

glockster157
August 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
Glad you have yours. I am still waiting now, I was a little wrong, it was May 6th that I placed the order. My wife is in the process of challenging the charge on our CC. I am sure as soon as he figures out he may get charged back he will ship my kits. that seems to be his MO. If I can get my money back I will, I have found another person who does the kits and has a better rep (he actually sends you product without having to go to court).

canislupus
August 17, 2009, 06:10 PM
That sucks. 3 weeks + is past reasonable in my mind; 3 months + is ridiculous.

Glockster, check out those links I posted. Appears it is easy to file complaint with NYS AG and Consumer Affairs.

I find it hard to believe that Paypal hasn't already had complaints and terminated Brooks' ability to take payments, based on the posts on this forum and on other forums I've seen - nearly every one of the posts on this subject expresses dissatisfaction re his service.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eric Brooks CZ-452 trigger kit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!