Geissele Trigger

PDA

EdLaver
July 17, 2009, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have a Geissele trigger on their AR? From what I have read it seems to be one of the best triggers available for the AR platform. Those that have one, what are you reviews?

Thanks,
Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "Geissele Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
July 17, 2009, 11:59 AM
i have two (one SSA one SSF). they are nice. the hi-speed one is the one everyone raves about though and they are quite nice

kestak
July 17, 2009, 11:59 AM
Greetings,

I am interested too. May I ask what about comparing it to JP, Jard and RRA NM triggers if they may too?

Thank you

hags
July 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
There is no comparing the Geissle to anything else.
However, for my money I prefer the RRA 2 stage NM trigger. I tune it a little and it is a very, very close second.

Howard Roark
July 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
The very best there is. I have three of them. Sold two Jewells.

mp5a3
July 17, 2009, 12:26 PM
How much are they ?

hags
July 17, 2009, 12:35 PM
Retail is $279 and you're not supposed to go below this as per the manufacturer. Look around, you'll see most places sell them for $279..........

The RRA NM trigger can be had for less than $120.

mp5a3
July 17, 2009, 12:41 PM
$120 is pretty high, there's no way I would pay $279, for what $12 in parts.

BTW, my Dad owns a metal finishing business and we have a CNC machine, so I know what the stuff actually costs.

mp5a3
July 17, 2009, 12:42 PM
BTW, Hags, I'm not getting onto you about the price, I just think some parts companies charge waaaaaay too much for stuff.

hags
July 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
$120 is MSRP and I guess it depends on what your priorities are.

If you have a $1200 firearm and want a better trigger I would guess that less than $120 doesn't seem that bad, relatively speaking.

hags
July 17, 2009, 12:45 PM
BTW, Hags, I'm not getting onto you about the price, I just think some parts companies charge waaaaaay too much for stuff.

I didn't think you were.

$120 is not what I charge....SSSSHHHHHHHHHH!

I agree, I agree, I agree........

EdLaver
July 17, 2009, 01:19 PM
Dang, the Geissele is sold out at most places, gotta find one some where. I dont have a problem paying $279 for a quality product that gives results.

waterhouse
July 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
I've got 2 of them now. I got the first one as a package deal with a used rifle. I planned on selling the trigger to get back some of my cost. I liked it so much I forked out the cash for another one. Best laid plans and all.

nhm16
July 17, 2009, 02:02 PM
If you get the Hi-Speed from Rainier Arms you get all three spring sets. Makes that $279 hurt a little less.

I have an SSA on one rifle and a White Oak tuned RRA on another. The SSA breaks slightly crisper, and doesn't have the reputation for fragility the RRA has. I finally received (another) SSA that I had backordered right around last November or early December... haven't decided what to do with that. I may be tempted to build a third lower even though I just sold one :D

hags
July 17, 2009, 02:19 PM
If you get the Hi-Speed from Rainier Arms you get all three spring sets. Makes that $279 hurt a little less.

I have an SSA on one rifle and a White Oak tuned RRA on another. The SSA breaks slightly crisper, and doesn't have the reputation for fragility the RRA has. I finally received (another) SSA that I had backordered right around last November or early December... haven't decided what to do with that. I may be tempted to build a third lower even though I just sold one

Enlighten me on the RRA trigger being fragile.

KW
July 17, 2009, 02:47 PM
The RRA's have a habit of breaking at fairly low round counts. I had one and the hook on the back of the hammer broke off in the 500-1000 round region. It jammed the trigger group when it did it too - hammer cocked again as the gun cycled, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sure they would have fixed it, but after that I didn't want the thing anymore and went back to a stock trigger.

I'm taking the wait and see path on the Geissele. I like having a nice trigger but to me it's not worth having a fragile, suspect part in the gun.

TurboFC3S
July 17, 2009, 04:48 PM
Geissele triggers are worth the cost, and often the backorder wait ... had to wait 8 months for my SSF. Other triggers I have are 2 guns with RRA 2-stage, a LMT 2-stage, and a White Oak tuned RRA 2-stage. The Geissele, both SSA and SSF are my favorites, but the White Oak is a close 2nd and pulls ahead on value.

30Cal
July 17, 2009, 05:40 PM
I got one for $250. Someone had bought one with the wrong sized holes and I swooped in! Love it!

hags
July 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
The RRA's have a habit of breaking at fairly low round counts. I had one and the hook on the back of the hammer broke off in the 500-1000 round region. It jammed the trigger group when it did it too - hammer cocked again as the gun cycled, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I'm sure they would have fixed it, but after that I didn't want the thing anymore and went back to a stock trigger.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that happening. I've probably sold hundreds and I've not heard any complaints though.

Howard Roark
July 19, 2009, 01:53 PM
Dang, the Geissele is sold out at most places, gotta find one some where. I dont have a problem paying $279 for a quality product that gives results.

I recieved an email today from Creedmoor Sports that they have Geissele triggers in stock.

atblis
July 19, 2009, 02:01 PM
If you go to ar15.com or m4carbine.net there's a pretty good trigger review.
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12170

There are other triggers that are well regarded.

Geissele is very well thought of.

Modular triggers. JP and Timney.

The Alexander Arms trigger looks interesting. Planning on ordering one of those myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "Geissele Trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!