10 y/o shoots intruder in the lip

PDA

dom1104
July 17, 2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=10741492&nav=menu57_2

uh wow

15 year old getaway driver lol.

and... they threatened the kids with guns, the 10 y/o shot him in the lip and then.......... there is a hole in the story.

The police came? why did both men get taken to the hospital?

either way, wow. Go big brother.

If you enjoyed reading about "10 y/o shoots intruder in the lip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rainbowbob
July 17, 2009, 02:12 PM
One take-away from this story might be that your kids know where your stuff is hidden - including your guns.

They should be trained to handle them safely and effectively in a self-defense incident.

The kid should get more range time so that when the perps get out - and come back - he'll be able to make better shot placements.

btg3
July 17, 2009, 02:31 PM
Another account...

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2294701/posts

BMF500
July 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
One take-away from this story might be that your kids know where your stuff is hidden - including your guns.

They should be trained to handle them safely and effectively in a self-defense incident.

The kid should get more range time so that when the perps get out - and come back - he'll be able to make better shot placements.
+1

Make them shots count!!!!

Omaney
July 17, 2009, 06:49 PM
One of the perps out of prison less than 2 months?!!!:fire::banghead::cuss:

Officers'Wife
July 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
Am I the only one concern at the idea of a ten year old and an eight year old left to their own devices? While I'm happy the incident turned out so well I can't help but wonder if the perps saw the mother leave and decided the place was empty and safe to rob.

On the other hand, my late uncle used to tell me the only three you could depend on was your God, your mother and yourself and the first two sometimes weren't around. This story seems to give him credence.

Selena

dom1104
July 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
no doubt Selena.

But those kids took a bad situation, and bad decisions by their mother, and showed those bad men they arent victims.

go them.

Gaiudo
July 17, 2009, 07:17 PM
I wasn't too worried when my folks left me alone as a 10yo. Don't really see the problem.

TexasRifleman
July 17, 2009, 07:21 PM
Am I the only one concern at the idea of a ten year old and an eight year old left to their own devices?

There are people who simply have no choice.

I would assume that the mother felt like she had none. From the kids not completely shutting down and going into panic mode I'm guessing the mother taught them many self sufficient ideas.

In some ways these kids are better off than many, at least someone explained the real world to them.

Georgia Gunner
July 17, 2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah I use to get left alone when I was like 8 and 10 years old. It wasn't that big a deal to me. I was responsible and smart enough to take care of myself. Plus by the time I was 10 I was keeping my own guns ,a .22 rifle and a single shot .410, in my own room.

Low Budget Shooter
July 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
One of the lines in the news report I read was that the boy "panicked" and shot the intruder. I would say it is obvious he did NOT panic, but reacted reasonably. For a 10-year-old to get a gun and shoot a bad guy, successfully defending his home and sister is the antithesis of panic.

LBS

TCB in TN
July 18, 2009, 06:20 PM
As a teacher I see a lot of latch key kids. Single parent homes are a major part of our society, when there is barely enough money for parents to keep a home, food on the table, and the other basics, then money for "sitters" is not a very high priority.

I am glad that the kids were able to protect themselves.

Deltaboy
July 18, 2009, 07:06 PM
Way to go for the Kid!

rainbowbob
July 18, 2009, 07:21 PM
For a 10-year-old to get a gun and shoot a bad guy, successfully defending his home and sister is the antithesis of panic.

Absolutely!

But they can't resist putting their own spin on it, can they?

SrGomez
July 19, 2009, 06:00 PM
there were 3 people involved in the break in. the getaway driver left when he heard the gunshots, 1 was shot in the lip, and the other was shot in the butt on the way out. all the have been caught.

Dallas Jack
July 19, 2009, 08:08 PM
I can't help but laughing when I read "shot in the lip" way to go kid.
Dallas Jack

sonier
July 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
way to go kid. you kept your cool you did perfect way to go.

Thats something every true american can be proud of

heviarti
July 22, 2009, 08:22 PM
Someone with more money than me PLEASE buy this kid a Gunman Stan McKurt t-shirt. He *deserves* it.

That being said, It's nice to see a ten year old kid left alone that doesn't get stolen by the state. At ten years of age I had to spend one hour alone in a fenced back yard. This resulted in my being kidnapped by the state of California. Before that I stood some hours waiting for a school bus that never came. In both cases a 'concerned' neighbor called the police. This gal called the police for everything... even when the two year olds she was babysitting had a fight.

The caring government and concerned neighbor were so kind as to separate me from my family for two years, leaving me in a hellhole with violent, mentally addled, and otherwise dysfunctional children who taught me bad habits, an abusive staff that taught no values or useful skills, a 'theraupeutic staff' that was basically there to drug children to the point of non-functionality, and a state accredited school that gave only an outward illusion of education.
I am glad every day of my life that I escaped that state sponsored bum factory.

I walked a tightrope to do it, but my mind won out over them. I made them get verbally abusive and got my mother evidence of it. They almost put my on psych meds I didn't need. Do you get it? these people have a thing called a PRN. it's a tranquilizer they inject misbehaving children with. Being a latch-key kid got me this.

And the kicker? They tracked my mother down while I was in highschool and made her pay for it. I'm happy that didn't happen to this kid.

Threeband
July 22, 2009, 11:14 PM
John Wayne: "... He has a scar from where I shot him in the lower lip."

Glen Campbell: "The lower lip! What was you aimin' at?"

John Wayne, annoyed: "His upper lip!"

(True Grit)

If you enjoyed reading about "10 y/o shoots intruder in the lip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!