glock .22lr kit?

PDA

trigga
July 18, 2009, 03:46 AM
i was thinking about getting a sig mosquito but then my friend told me there was a .22lr conversion for my glock 22. has anyone experience these? are they worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "glock .22lr kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
matai
July 18, 2009, 03:56 AM
wow, like 3 dudes just asked this, they're getting popular.

My G20 kit works great with mini-mags. I do clean it often, especially since I shoot about 500 rounds every few days. Function degradation is pretty quick when dirty.

VA27
July 18, 2009, 11:24 PM
I got a Ciener kit from Brownell's. It fits my early 17 and my 22. I like it.

1fixitman
July 27, 2009, 06:32 PM
The kits for the glock are non existent. They have not been making them. The normal retail price for the glock kit is $250 if you happen to find one but I doubt you will.....they are all on backorder. I did note that a used one sold on gunbroker about 6 weeks ago for more than $380.....that was with 4 hours left on the auction. SOOOOOOOO. If you need some quick cash then put your glock 22lr conversion up on gunbroker and expect to get near $400 plus shipping for it.
This is why I purchased a Sig Mosquito for $369. It shoots bulk ammo well up to about 250-300 shots. They don't cycle shells so great when they get dirty. I keep mine clean. Love it.
Dwayne

mljdeckard
July 27, 2009, 06:38 PM
I had an AA kit on my G-22 frame, and after a break-in period it worked fine. What I have found with all conversion kits is they do need some usage to loosen up, and they like hot ammo. One thing to get over with the Glock kit is, they are so light, it feels like a toy. (I'm planning on building a dedicated frame for my 1911 with lighter springs to make it a little bit more forgiving for the kinds of ammo it will cycle.)

Snarlingiron
July 27, 2009, 06:42 PM
A buddy of mine just received his Advantage Arms kit for his Glock 30. He just placed his order and waited. It finally came in. The Advantage arms kit locks the slide after the last round, I don't believe the Ceiner does.

They are making them, they are just in huge demand. If you are willing to wait 6 or 7 weeks you can get one for the advertised price ~$250.00 if I remember correctly.

atomd
July 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from Ciener. Go with the AA. You'll have to pay a few extra bucks if you don't want to wait though. They're not the greatest thing ever but I like the novelty of them. I usually bring a .22 conversion for something when I go to the range. It's lighter than adding another gun to the range bag and any practice is good practice.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock .22lr kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!