High Tech Accessories for you Guns-Wired Magazine

PDA

highbrass
July 18, 2009, 11:37 PM
Take a look at these accessories featured in Wired Magazine. I thought the first one was pretty cool, some are kinda humorous too.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/07/gun-accessories/

If you enjoyed reading about "High Tech Accessories for you Guns-Wired Magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
July 18, 2009, 11:46 PM
1st Wired seemed to have written some really balanced stuff. See the article about the silencers. I expected more tongue in cheek/anti gun stuff.

2nd I dig the "chainsaw" esqe SAW. Very aliens and I have said for years we are quickly moving towards having glasses act as a HUD type aiming device using wired or wireless/bluetooth type tech.

Chris

Oro
July 19, 2009, 05:45 AM
I expected more tongue in cheek/anti gun stuff.

I think you say that because they are a slick magazine for a professional crowd, but don't forget they are a slick magazine for a high tech crowd.

One thing I have learned living in the Seattle area the last few years, if there's a slant to tech people, it's pro gun. They are engineers at heart, and they are definitely people who think for themselves and do not swallow anyone's agenda.

My other 1/2 is a senior software engineer, and she might have delusionally voted for Obama, but she is pro-gun. The first time years ago, when we first met and I visited her house, one of the first things that I noticed was that she owned a copy (not rented, owned) of Full Metal Jacket. Well, that and the HK 9mm she had. Other than the questionable choice of an HK as a 9mm sidearm, I was persuaded by that. Company Christmas party conversations will typically cover topics like the Springfield Loaded vs. Kimber vs. Colt XSE, decent bear guns for the local woods, and one time a Sr. VP at a major software company once asked us to discuss .460XVR vs. .44Mag as a practical carry round.

The tech crowd is very biased pro-gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "High Tech Accessories for you Guns-Wired Magazine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!