missing screw for ruger blackhawk, help

PDA

David (L-MN)
July 19, 2009, 05:27 PM
somehow, i have no idea, a tiny screw under the trigger guard of my 44 mag ruger super blackhawk has disappeared. i need a new one and i have no idea where to start, where should i look?

If you enjoyed reading about "missing screw for ruger blackhawk, help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 19, 2009, 05:52 PM
Well, the Ruger Parts Department would be the most logical place to start.

Or Brownell's.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/mid=109/schematics/Ruger_

rc

Old Fuff
July 19, 2009, 05:52 PM
Try www.brownells.com

They are in Iowa so it should arrive fast. ;)

David (L-MN)
July 19, 2009, 06:10 PM
i thought here would be the most logical, and i was right, thanks guys.

David (L-MN)
July 19, 2009, 06:13 PM
if ya guys kno what screw im specifically talking about, whats its like "scientific" name?

David (L-MN)
July 19, 2009, 06:15 PM
nvm that ^^^

MCgunner
July 19, 2009, 06:21 PM
Call Ruger. They're probably send you one in a couple of days for free.

ArmedBear
July 19, 2009, 06:25 PM
Call Ruger. They're probably send you one in a couple of days for free.

That's been my experience with Ruger, more than once. S&W is similar.

Virginian
July 19, 2009, 11:22 PM
Before calling I would go to www.Ruger.com, and download an owners manual, and then you will have the part number of the screw. I always try Ruger first. They are not in business making a living selling parts.

MovedWest
July 20, 2009, 03:05 AM
Virginian has the right approach. Download the PDF of the manual which contains exploded views of the revolver. Then you'll know what to ask for when you call Ruger. Their support is great by the way. If you have an old 3 screw model tell them you've had the safety update otherwise they won't talk to you and they won't send you a thing.

For future prevention of such mishaps, know that the old blackhawks and super blackhawks will rattle themselves apart of you let them. After every range session take a screwdriver to all the screws you can see and snug them. This will save you much grief in the long run.

Good luck!

-MW

David (L-MN)
July 20, 2009, 03:14 PM
crap. i wish i would have waited to see what you guys would say before ordering one and paying for it. thanks anyways guys

ArmedBear
July 20, 2009, 04:06 PM
For future reference (this was a cheap lesson), always contact the maker first.

I have only used third-party suppliers for guns that are well out of production, and I have not been happy with the results.

For example, if you have an old Mossberg and Mossberg has no parts for it, contact Havlin Sales. They have parts that actually fit. Forget about the usual parts suppliers.

If you enjoyed reading about "missing screw for ruger blackhawk, help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!