Springfield XDm 9mm or Sig P226 Elite 9mm?

PDA

choongmeister
July 20, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hi all,

Have been contemplating for months now and have finally decided on one of these 2 pistols.

Could you guys with previous experience please give an opinion on which do you think is the better choice and why. Assume that price is not a factor.

Pls bear in mind that I live in a place where only one gun is allowed per person (would buy both if i could).

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield XDm 9mm or Sig P226 Elite 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EAJ
July 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
It would be helpful to know the intended use. :)

D-Man
July 20, 2009, 02:30 PM
With price not a factor, I would pick the P226.

One major plus for the XDm line is capacity, and you can get 17, 18, or 20 round magazines for the P226. Before moving to a capacity limited state, I had the 20-round magazines and they were great for the range (but they are expensive).

Other pluses for the Sig is that to me it has a better feel, will come with night sights, and look damn nice. I also like the DA/SA trigger style.

Now, if you want the same type trigger pull, the XDm is for you. Heck, I wouldn't mine owning one of these either, but I just prefer Sigs and/or non-polymers (especially if you aren't carrying this).

LancerMW
July 20, 2009, 05:19 PM
given choice the Sig, but i have more experence on that platform

ArmedBear
July 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
I have and like an XD.

However, if I could only own one gun, it would be the Sig.

It's a fine firearm that's a pleasure to shoot. It will also work well for defense, of course.

The XD is a great tool, but it's not something I shoot for the sheer enjoyment of it.

oak1971
July 20, 2009, 05:31 PM
I have 2 Sigs and love them both. Mine are both Stainless Elites 226 and 220. Very accurate right out of the box.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield XDm 9mm or Sig P226 Elite 9mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!