Just needed a little nudge...

PDA

Corner Pocket
July 21, 2009, 05:14 AM
I had worked up several handloads that ran well in a Ruger P345 that I had for a couple of years. I've since sold that gun to a workmate and recently purchased a Beretta 45 to replace the Ruger. I was anxious to see how those loads worked in my new Beretta. All but one recipe worked just fine. The one that didn't appeared to be a little underpowered, and failed to consistently cycle the gun properly. Leaving all the other parameters the same, I increased the charge weight by .4 of a grain. Tested these yesterday, and joy once again reigns in the camp. :D You gotta love reloading!

CP

If you enjoyed reading about "Just needed a little nudge..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Remo-99
July 21, 2009, 06:43 AM
New gun? maybe it was just a little tighter than the more used P345, with new/stronger recoil spring etc. to over come a load that cycled OK in the Ruger.

Tweaking loads to suit your own guns is what reloading is about, if you ask me. ;)

Corner Pocket
July 21, 2009, 07:27 AM
Yep, brand spanking new two weeks ago. Your sentiments about reloading mirror my thoughts precisely. ;)

CP

If you enjoyed reading about "Just needed a little nudge..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!