Husqvarna in a 270 caliber

PDA

surjimmy
July 21, 2009, 11:48 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle? I have a chance to buy one for $300. He can't find the model # on it, but it has a MonteCarlo stock. Any help would be great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Husqvarna in a 270 caliber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
July 21, 2009, 11:59 PM
Don't know much about them, but at gunshows, they are usually at a premium, and are known for good accuracy, I would say 300 is a good deal. I allways see them for around 500 and up...

GodGuns&Guitars
July 22, 2009, 12:18 AM
If the stock and bluing are good, go for it. Not made anymore I don't think, but any one I've ever shot went exactly where it was suppose too. Great rifle. If you don't want it let me know.

Jim Watson
July 22, 2009, 12:21 AM
There are at least three Husqvarna centerfire bolt action rifles. They had some on '98 Mauser actions, some on their own first type action which Frank DeHaas says is a much modernized '96 Mauser design, and some on the 8000 series action which is considerably different, with a Sako style extractor and the funky dovetail shaped anti-bind bolt lugs.

Any, if in good condition, would be a good deal at $300 for a first class hunting rifle.

jimmyraythomason
July 22, 2009, 12:36 AM
I gave one of my nephews a High Standard rifle in .270. It was a small ring Mauser made by HVA(Husqvarna) in Sweden. A very accurate and light weight little rifle. As I understand it,HVA made these rifles for several companies. It uses small ring Mauser scope mounts.

LAK
July 22, 2009, 05:46 AM
If it has a good bore and no mechanical defects I would not pass it up at that price - even with bluing wear and dinged wood.

surjimmy
July 22, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys, he sold it out from underneath me. Thought we were in the middle of a deal, guess I was wrong. Glad it was from another site and no one is like that here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Husqvarna in a 270 caliber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!