gun hits man in the chin. Love it.

PDA

dom1104
July 22, 2009, 10:08 AM
ok, you GOT to love this.

http://www.break.com/index/gun-recoil-knockout.html

If you enjoyed reading about "gun hits man in the chin. Love it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmonic
July 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I saw that. A dumb stunt publicized so that everybody knows gun owners aren't particularly bright.

Jim Watson
July 22, 2009, 10:14 AM
I saw a guy knock out a tooth when he decided he would have to hold his pistol gripped shotgun in front of his face to be able to hit anything. Stupidity knows no bounds.

1858rem
July 22, 2009, 10:21 AM
i have seen a few guys hold a auto close to there face, like trying to shoot it like a rifle, i have to immediately intervene before they get hit in the face with the slide!

B yond
July 22, 2009, 10:24 AM
When my mossy 500 was PGO I used to shoot it one handed like a pistol. No problems.

Recoil w/ 3" slugs was enough to work the action enough to eject the shell.

pharmer
July 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
Dumb stunt with no point. Check out the "Recoil knocks chick out." Another person who will never shoot again (or trust the dope who handed her that S&W). Joe

stillaftermath
July 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
That video of the girl really bothers me. She has obviously not been properly prepared for any firearm, let alone a .500 Magnum, judging by her grip, relaxed strong arm, lack of push-pull, and backward-leaning stance (Speaking of which, why do girls so often do this? Most guys will square or lean into a gun the first fire, but many girls tend to do some backward-leaning isosceles thing.) She looks as though she's fired stuff before, since she's not very scared of it, but never been trained at all.

Introductions to firearms are delicate things. I took my fiance to the range for the first time the other day, and I started her with a S&W .22LR mid-barrel target revolver. Double action, heavy, zero recoil, the most controllable and mildest firing thing you could ever hope to see, aside from it's heft and long, heavy trigger pull. She enjoyed it, but quickly tired of it, so we moved on to a GSG-5, a Nylon 66 (Which malfunctioned badly and bump fired itself, so not a GREAT start on that one, but... ;) ) and finally, last of all, my Glock 19. Even that I was wishing I had a .380 or full service-sized weapon, and sure enough, she didn't care for it because the grip was too bulky, too short, and she didn't feel absolutely in control of it.

The night beforehand was spent on safety, operation, stance, and grip. I skimmed mechanics and accuracy, but those are unimportant for a first outing.

She liked the GSG-5 best of all. Next time will be proper rifles, but all in all, a decent introduction.

Be good to your guns, be good to future gun lovers, or you'll end up with neither. :P

Flyboy
July 22, 2009, 12:43 PM
gun hits man in the chin. Love it.
ok, you GOT to love this.
So...you're the kind of person who enjoys watching other people in pain?

dom1104
July 22, 2009, 12:53 PM
Comon Flyboy, thats weaksauce.

I am not even going to grace that accusation with a response, oh wait of COURSE I love watching other people in pain. I think one in particular is hilarious. He KNEW he was hotdogging and got paid for being stupid and tryin to showoff.

It would be a different thing altoghether if he was being 100% responsible and had a firearm malfuction.

Yeah, I saw that. A dumb stunt publicized so that everybody knows gun owners aren't particularly bright.

I would fall under the title of "not particularly bright gun owner" myself. And from what I see at the range, I am far from alone :)

dom1104
July 22, 2009, 12:55 PM
oh and re: the girl that gets hurt, i clicked it, but when I saw what was about to happen I clicked it off. I couldnt watch it.

People who hand people guns that they are not trained or able to use and film it for fun... that is TRULY irresponsible and mean.

Forget the if I remember correctly complete lack of hearing protection in both videos.

ezypikns
July 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
Oh,...........they're not.

Tim the student
July 22, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, I don't have much sympathy for people who do dumb things trying to be cool, knowing that it is a dumb thing. There is a reason that guy tried to do that, and it wasn't because he thought that was how you were supposed to shoot a rifle.

The girl on the other hand, I have lots of sympathy for, and none for the "man" that let her do that. She didn't know what she was getting into.

Cosmoline
July 22, 2009, 02:52 PM
The girl on the other hand, I have lots of sympathy for, and none for the "man" that let her do that.

Ditto that.

RobNDenver
July 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
Cause and effect impacts all of us who own or shoot firearms. These videos posted on the internet paint a picture of gun owners as either callous asshats or nincompoops. I don't like seeing things like this, don't find them funny and can't see them as being "high road" either in their content or the comments made about them.

Our rights are in grave danger, and not just coincidentally, from legislators that get these kinds of displays sent to them.

When someone suggests that they want to try something funny with a firearm, straighten them out immediately. The videos of the women, experiencing recoil and out of control firearms at the hands of these comedians, is abusive, life threatening and could have been fatal to themselves or others. This is the kind of **** that gets people killed.

Tim the student
July 22, 2009, 03:48 PM
Very valid point Rob.

atblis
July 22, 2009, 04:00 PM
Looks fake to me. Sped up or something.

Officers'Wife
July 22, 2009, 04:04 PM
Funny? This ranks up with the guy riding in the back of a pickup truck that tried to grab the pipe under a bridge on I-65 that nearly caused a massive pile up. While you are getting your chuckles answer me one thing... Considering that rifle was at least in the 30 cal class and at an upward angle, where did the ball land?

dom1104
July 22, 2009, 04:06 PM
that is an interesting point, on the other hand, I ride a motorcycle, and when someone shows a video of someone acting stupid on a bike I dont think "Oh we shouldnt show that, it might make people think motorcycles are bad and then who knows what might happen to my motorcycle"

Is it possible we are so scared to lose our rights that we are a little uptight as a collective group of people who like guns? Something to think about. There are a LOT of very serious, unfun people so worried about their guns, they barely enjoy them. And in the end, we own guns because they are a usefull, Enjoyable, thing to own.

I just constantly find myself reminding people, that guns are fun. And its not all responsibility and home defense and seriousness, fight the government KEEP OUR GUNS etc.

Its fun to get out with your buddies and shoot. I fear too many people have a "hole up in my house and horde ammo and never shoot my guns and buy more and more because Obama will take them away!" Which is no doubt the truth if he got his way.

But, get out and shoot people, its fun.

I see guns as a means towards an end. As a man its my responsibility to protect my family from harm. Guns help me do that. If they are also a TON of fun to shoot, go to idpa matches, shoot bowling pins and hunt with, bonus.

/gets down off his pulpit.

I guess I just want to see a more light hearted attitude towards these very cool, very fun, very collectible items we all share an interest in.

DeepSouth
July 22, 2009, 04:17 PM
You wanna see stupid, hand your average person a pistol with a scope on it and watch.
They'll put their eye about 2in from scope and either

A: ask why they can't see anything
or
B: decide not to "ask dumb questions" and fire anyway.

I personally would instruct them in proper way to do it.

dom1104
July 22, 2009, 04:17 PM
But, get out and shoot people, its fun.

Ok as I read this, this sounds like the WRONG message to be sending. :)

But, get out and shoot, people, its fun. is how that should read :)

pharmer
July 22, 2009, 05:56 PM
"Is it possible we are so scared to lose our rights that we are a little uptight as a collective group of people who like guns?"

Abso-flippin'-lutely. There are times we are treated like pedophiles, except that apologists would say "pedophiles don't kill, guns do." Ostracizing those who "don't conform for the good of society" depends on who's in charge. And right now the looney left owns all the important properties on the USA Monopoly board. Joe

RoboDuck
July 22, 2009, 07:39 PM
That guy is a moron , I do feel sorry for the girl in the other video.

hinton03
July 23, 2009, 06:52 AM
Damn, I am starting to think we take ourselves to seriously; lighten up. That was funny, I don't care where your from, especially since I have done it myself.

frankiestoys
July 23, 2009, 07:18 AM
Wow, that guy is a dumb ass and that poor girl ,had no idea.All guns should be treated with respect and fired by people who understand that.

KenWP
July 23, 2009, 09:30 AM
At a shooting range in Texas couple of years ago freinds gave a lady freind a 500SW to shoot but forgot to explain something important to her. Man one shot and she was on the ground with a slash in her forehead. She wasn't happy . You have to explain that its not a 44mag by anymeans and it rolls back a bit more.

heviarti
July 23, 2009, 11:27 AM
anyone seen that old photo of that guy shooting the thompson with the buttstock against his chin?

stillaftermath
July 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
anyone seen that old photo of that guy shooting the thompson with the buttstock against his chin?
Speaking of this, and I know it's OT, but can anybody show a demonstration of how a tschinke rifle was meant to be fired? They have an extremely short stock, and everything I've read about them says that they are placed against the cheek, not the shoulder, but I can't find any demonstration of one in firing position. A video of one firing would be even better, but since they are rare and mostly very expensive I'm not sure that's possible.

The idea of putting a long rifle up to my *cheek* in anything bigger than maybe .22LR is an idea I have a hard time grasping. Heh.

GoWolfpack
July 23, 2009, 06:31 PM
This guy whacked himself in the face with a pellet rifle and added the sound in later. In the slow-mo shot you can even see the pump handle forward of the trigger guard.

If it's dumb to try and fire a real rifle that way, how dumb is it to hit yourself in the face with a BB gun for a video so people you don't know will laugh at how dumb you are?

Edit: Well raise my rent. atblis could be right.

atblis
July 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
Looks like a Browning BAR to me.

Do agree that it is fake though.

http://www.mxm.ru/oxota/products/Bar.jpeg

woodybrighton
July 24, 2009, 06:14 AM
looks like a case of
when a 2nd Lt says based on my experience
or a color Sgt/ master Sgt watch this **** run like like dangerous stupidity is about to occur:uhoh:

chuckusaret
July 24, 2009, 08:26 AM
In every case of the stupidity shown in these video clips makes me want to agree on more required training before a person, such as these idiots shown, is allowed to purchase a weapon. In some cases there are people that don't have enough sense and no matter how much training they receive should not be allowed to handle a firearm.

chuckusaret
July 24, 2009, 08:36 AM
No, but I have seen idiots place the butt of an M60 on their foehead and fire the weapon. You need a very good butt to forehead weld.

chriske
July 24, 2009, 09:26 AM
I just HAVE to second dom1104 : letting/urging people to shoot guns, without proper coaching, knowing they won't be able to do it correctly is inexcusable.
Whoever is responsable should have his/her guns taken away -at least the one that unfortunate girl was shooting.

chuckusaret
July 24, 2009, 11:09 AM
Whoever is responsable should have his/her guns taken away -at least the one that unfortunate girl was shooting.

Stupidity like this is great ammo for the anti gunners.

Tim the student
July 24, 2009, 11:28 AM
In every case of the stupidity shown in these video clips makes me want to agree on more required training before a person, such as these idiots shown, is allowed to purchase a weapon.

Chuck, I understand what you mean, and share a lot of your opinions on a lot of your posts, but this could also be ammo for anti's. IMO, what we don't need is some crazy "mandatory training" bill. Who will decide what is enough training? I mean, you can become familiar with a weapon quickly, but it takes a long time to really know it intimately.

The closest thing to this is what happened to me when I bought a used wingmaster not long ago from Scheels, which was to basically say that I read the instructions, and knew how to properly load, and clear it. It was all lip service to prevent them (in theory) from being sued by some moron that bought a gun and then shoots his big toe off and tried to blame them.

In some cases there are people that don't have enough sense and no matter how much training they receive should not be allowed to handle a firearm.

And again, this could also be ammo for anti's. I would prefer that Pelosi not decide to determine who has enough sense to handle a firearm. We need to teach the morons of the world, not disallow guns to them.

BushyGuy
July 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
oh man that was hilarious and the chick that knocked herself out oh man that was funny

hayes1966
July 24, 2009, 12:33 PM
With skills like that he should run for office!!

dom1104
July 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
I agree 100% with Tim the student. we dont need a law saying if we can or cant buy something.

On the other hand, I think the guy who took a buttstock to the chin learned his lesson and didnt even need a teacher. :)

I think thats the kind of thing you only do once.

KarenTOC
July 24, 2009, 01:23 PM
That video of the girl really bothers me. She has obviously not been properly prepared for any firearm, let alone a .500 Magnum, judging by her grip, relaxed strong arm, lack of push-pull, and backward-leaning stance

Did it indicate somewhere on the video that the woman was unaware of how powerful the gun was? Obviously she was unprepared to handle it. But could it be she watched the guy shoot it and said "oo! oo! oo! my turn?"

If she was aware of how powerful it was and willingly tried it anyway, then the only thing the guy is guilty of is bad judgement. I hate to see women conned into shooting something too big for them, but I also don't like to see men take the heat for a woman's incompetance.

... backward-leaning stance (Speaking of which, why do girls so often do this? Most guys will square or lean into a gun the first fire, but many girls tend to do some backward-leaning isosceles thing.)

Physical differences? Center-of-gravity issues? That question deserves its own thread lol.

stillaftermath
July 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
I don't think either scenario relieves the guy of responsibility. I've seen guys firing .500 Magnum, .457 Casull, etc and it looks like it might as well be a 9mm or a .45 ACP in their hands. What it looked like and the reality are two pretty different things. ;)

It's his responsibility to step in when it's apparent she is going to hurt herself or put everyone in a dangerous situation, which is obvious well before she pulls the trigger. I'm not a firearms instructor, but I've taken a number of people out their first time. Before I let anyone fire any weapon of mine they have not shot before, they are demonstrated the weapon by me firing, shown how to mechanically operate it, told what to expect in terms of noise, muzzle blast, and recoil, and if necessary, their stance will be corrected. I also never load more than 1 round at a time until I'm confident they have absolute control over the weapon; I've heard more than one horror story about ND's from somebody who was surprised by a weapon.

Gun safety is not the sole responsibility of the shooter; it's the responsibility of all involved, IMHO.

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify that I'd have the same exact stance if it was a woman who gave an equally powerful handgun to an inexperienced male shooter without preparation. It isn't a guy/girl thing; it just happens that USUALLY this scenario plays out with a guy giving a female something stupidly large with no instruction or warning.

KarenTOC
July 24, 2009, 01:59 PM
Stillaftermath, I agree with everything you said about responsibility and training. The guy was definitely irresponsible (I used the term "bad judgement") but he might not be guilty of malicious intent, which a lot of posters suggested.

Was he stupid and mean, or just plain stupid? Guess there's not enough info on the video to make that call :)

JCisHe
July 24, 2009, 02:32 PM
Haha... that was a good idearrrrrrr! Duh, uh, I uh, ida beeen thunkin I cud'a done shot muh feeerarm, wif two hands, riiight n'frnt er muh face!

I kilt two duur dat'a'way last yuur.

Ky Larry
July 24, 2009, 10:09 PM
I saw a video on YouTube where a guy hands his "girl friend" a rifle. She obviously had no idea how to hold it so she put the stock on top of her shoulder and placed her eye about 2 inches from the scope. When she pulled the trigger the scope hit her between the eyes and appeared to break her nose. The buttwipe of a boyfriend is giggling at her. If someone had let my little girl do this, I would take a longterm interest in seeing him suffer.

KBT1911
August 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
Sorry, but When I see someone get reminded that stupid hurts, I think it's funny. Maybe that makes me a little sadistic, but I can live with that. If the guy or someone else got killed it wouldn't be funny. If he blew his toe off, it would be hysterical.

ArfinGreebly
August 4, 2009, 09:05 PM
Yup, people gettin' hurt with firearms is just knee-slappingly funny.

And, if it weren't demeaning to the shooting community, it might even be appropriate for High Road discussion.

Or, we could have a thread that shows the RIGHT way to introduce noobs to shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "gun hits man in the chin. Love it." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!