Carrying Mags in WV

PDA

July 23, 2009, 01:34 PM
Hey fellas, I live in West Virginia and I'm getting ready to go on an in-state trip. I'm not 21 so I can't carry concealed yet but I've been open carrying. I just picked up a new belt that has mag pouches on it. My question is, if I'm traveling in my vehicle and my pistol is in a secure place, am I allowed to have loaded magazines on my person?

Thanks for reading.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carrying Mags in WV" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
July 23, 2009, 06:47 PM
Anyone, please? I'm trying to get an answer asap. Thanks again.

John Parker
July 23, 2009, 06:52 PM
You can call the State Police and ask them, they'd probably (probably!) know.

July 24, 2009, 11:03 AM
Well, that's the thing. I had a question about open carrying so I called the state police, they referred me to metro, then they referred me to magistrate, and then magistrate referred me to an attorney for legal questions. Law in west virginia.. I don't know of anyone knows it. Im sure a cop will when they cite me for it. Haha. Thanks for the help though, still looking for an answer though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carrying Mags in WV" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!