Help ID some 9mm

PDA

HB
July 23, 2009, 04:19 PM
I just lucked into about 120 rounds of 9mm ammo. It's brass cased, probably 115 gr. There is red sealant on the case mouth and primer pocket. Headstamp reads 9mm Luger and there is a small stamp that looks like 2 squares directly across from it.
Any Ideas where this is made? It apparently fires and ejects fine from my friends Kel-tec but will not eject in his Sig.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Help ID some 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ROBBY.1911
July 23, 2009, 07:23 PM
the lacquered case mouth and primer pocket suggest eastern europe to me. the fac that it won't eject from a SiG kinda' says target/practice grade to me. i've been wrong before.

Jorg Nysgerrig
July 23, 2009, 07:38 PM
Your best bet is to take a picture of the headstamp.

rbernie
July 23, 2009, 07:46 PM
the lacquered case mouth and primer pocket suggest eastern europe to me.Concur. S&B is the most common commercial ammo with this treatment.

I wonder if the two 'squares' are PP - Prvi.

HB
July 23, 2009, 09:50 PM
I was going to take a pic but figured it was pretty common stuff. I think it is S&B too. Either way, I'm going to blast it out of my Blackhawk 9mm. :D

gregthehand
July 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
I was going to say S&B as well. My friend bought some one in a pinch before we went out to our land to shoot. It wouldn't eject from his Beretta 92FS either.

rbernie
July 23, 2009, 11:47 PM
This is S&B. I still think that the ammo in the OP is Prvi, since they use block letters on their headstamp and PP could look like two squares.

average_shooter
July 23, 2009, 11:54 PM
I find that S&B pic. interesting, rbernie.

Any reason for the mixed headstamps? Some say "9x19" while others say "9mmLUGER."

rbernie
July 23, 2009, 11:55 PM
I noticed that as well, and I have no idea why - I just pulled a box from the shelf and took a picture.

doc2rn
July 24, 2009, 12:33 AM
parts is parts as long as its new and not remanufactured, when you pay a new price. I am not a big fan of theirs, but I concur its probably Seller and Belloit

If you enjoyed reading about "Help ID some 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!