Gun safe security question

PDA

Lone_Sheep_Dog
July 24, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have a fairly large safe. I don't have a basement, and I don't want to store it in the garage. I just put it in a downstairs room and bolted it down to the concrete slab. It would be a nightmare to move it upstairs because it weighs 500 pounds empty. Recently I had some remodeling done on the room where the safe sits. I think 5 workers came in and saw my safe. I did not talk about the safe at all and none of the workers asked about it. Should I be worried that these strangers know I have this safe?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun safe security question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Guns and more
July 24, 2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, but life goes on.

NotSoFast
July 24, 2009, 03:22 PM
If it truly is secure, why worry? If it is not secure, make it secure. Someone would have to tear the wall down to get my safe - IF they could carry it out full.

Z-Michigan
July 24, 2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, but life goes on.

+1. Nothing you can do now. If you any of them looked worrisome, write down all their details and store it off-site with someone you trust, so the police will have something to start with if ever a need. Obviously it's best if you keep people from knowing you have a safe, but it's not always possible. Sounds like it wasn't really possible here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun safe security question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!