What is this?

PDA

Jimfern
July 25, 2009, 02:19 PM
I did a trade a while back for a Lyman turret press and some other stuff. Along with the other stuff which I could identify, I got this part which appears to be some sort of priming arm. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm just mainly curious. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SteveDS
July 25, 2009, 02:42 PM
It is a 'priming arm' for a Dillon press - they come with two, one each for large and small primers. Appears to be for thier 550B model.

loadedround
July 25, 2009, 05:01 PM
It is definitely a primer seater for a Dillon 550 or B press. Can't tell whether it is a large or small primer seater from your picture, but that's easy enough to determine. You could probably sell it on Ebay for a couple of bucks or better yet give it to a Dillon owner like me LOL! :)

Kernel
July 25, 2009, 06:24 PM
Dang. Kinda looks like a thread bobbin and yarn winder for the 1903 Singer sewing machine. Don't ask how I know.:p

highlander 5
July 25, 2009, 06:27 PM
Dillon 550 priming arm looks to for small primers.

swiftak
July 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hey, I was looking for that.

Jimfern
July 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
I put a large primer in it, so I know it's for large primers. I have no use for it, so in the order you requested it in this thread, you are welcome to it. Just paypal me $2.00 for shipping and I will mail it to you. PM if you really want it.

And thanks for identifying it for me. I guess the old guy was holding out on me since he didn't offer up the Dillion press.

Regards,
Jimfern

If you enjoyed reading about "What is this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!