Guide Rods

PDA

jimk66
July 27, 2009, 04:14 PM
1911's aside, I've been reading where people have been replacing their guide rods on some of their pistols (especially some of the older WG Turn-ins)?
I'm just curious because I have one (P6) but it functions perfectly and cycles as smooth as silk. If you would explain the rational for doing it I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
JimK

If you enjoyed reading about "Guide Rods" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fumbler
July 27, 2009, 05:04 PM
Aside from 1911s...

Some people swap for heavy guide rods just to add some weight.
It helps reduce muzzle flip and recoil a small amount. Any advantage you can get in competition is worth it for some people.

Otherwise, some people just like swapping things out on their guns. A stainless guiderod would be prettier than the blued tube of a Sig.

But, it's not worth swapping if you ask me...

mljdeckard
July 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
I considered switching out the plastic one on my Glock for a tungsten one, for weight and to prevent a break, but I never got around to it. The only place I ever heard of a Glock guide rod getting damaged in regular use was.....in an ad for a replacement one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guide Rods" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!