uberti "schofiled"

PDA

gutterman
July 27, 2009, 08:42 PM
I am looking at trading for a new Uberti Schofiled 45 LC. with 7" brl. Just like the looks and function of the handgun. Have a few "old west" guns now, would like to add to them. Anyone out there with one that can "talk" to me? Won't be shooting it much, but on occasion. Just cowboy loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "uberti "schofiled"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gutterman
July 27, 2009, 08:44 PM
sorry -Uberti SCHOFIELD

Jim K
July 27, 2009, 09:07 PM
A Google search on "uberti schofield" will turn up several for sale and also dealer names.

Jim

ezypikns
July 27, 2009, 11:43 PM
I had a pair a few years ago and sold them. A nice benefit of shooting Schofield ammo is that you can shoot it not only in your Schofield, but also in your Long Colt revolvers. Expensive ammo to buy, but if you reload the brass lasts forever.

Coyote3855
July 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
Before you buy, be sure you understand what cartridge the revolver is chambered for. Most of the replicas on the market today are chambered for .45 Colt, not the shorter .45 Schofield. You can shoot the Schofield in the .45 Colt chambering, but not the other way around. .45 commercial ammunition in either flavor is very expensive, if you can find it at all. Early versions of the Italian replicas had some issues, but anything recent should be a reliable and fun piece of equipment.

FiveOneFiveFiveFive
August 2, 2009, 01:18 AM
My uncle bought one a couple years ago. Sweet shooter, good accuracy. Nice, smooth action. He saves all his brass and casts his own bullets. Wish I had one.

Eightball
August 2, 2009, 01:54 AM
.....all I know is that I've always wanted one. If you get one, please share pics.

mm6mm6
August 2, 2009, 10:23 AM
I had the same itch but I wound up scratching it in a different way. I lucked onto a Smith & Wesson Performance Center Schofield 2000. In the presentation box. Only made in 2000-2001. Very limited numbers. The fit and finish is amazing as is the blue.

I had to put a set of custom faux ivory stocks on it from www.buffalobrothers.net because the blue was so nice and I love the look of ivory on blue.

It's chambered in the original .45 Schofield. I found some "American" ammo online a few years ago for just $11 per box of 50 and I bought 15 boxes.

I ordered up an El Paso Saddlery 1870 floral carved holster for it too. I've shot it three times in Cowboy Action Shooting matches and it always gets some attention. It's a great shooter!

Another guy who shoots CAS has a pair of nickel plated Beretta Schofields with the 5 1/2" barrels. They have genuine mother of pearl handles and fire blued screws. They are stunning!

Here's some pics of my S&W:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/mm6mm6/Schofield004.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/mm6mm6/Schofield006.jpg

Eightball
August 2, 2009, 09:12 PM
mm6mm6.....that is absolutely jaw-droppingly gorgeous. A new, legit, S&W Schofield.........wow.

If you feel like sharing more pics of that thing....I'll gladly look! :D

gutterman
August 3, 2009, 11:50 PM
was able to trade straight across for the schofield. traded a dan wesson,and an emf 45 LC. very happy with the trade. as soon as i get another set of grips , i'll post pics.

Sapper771
August 4, 2009, 11:08 PM
I have only shot one uberti and I believe that it was a conversion model in .38cal. The revolver belonged to a good friend of mine. They are very accurate, but after the 25th round he fired through it , then revolver's frame broke and the cylinder and barrel fell to the ground in pieces. I immediately made sure he wasnt hurt before I laughed at him( i laughed at him because he went to the gunshop to buy a 1911, but left with the uberti).
We no longer called it the uberti, we called it the U-breaki , LOL.
My friend called uberti (i think that he said that uberti was owned by benelli, not sure) and they told him to box it back up and send it to them. He said that they were very nice and courtious.
Well......almost 8 months later, they sent him a new uberti revolver. We took it out and shot about 50 rounds through it and it didnt break this time, but the cylinder would sieze up after firing 12 consecutive shots through it. I still dont know what was going on with it, maybe it was just new and needed to be broke in.

It was very accurate though, squirrel spinners at 25 yards and milk jugs at 50 yards were no problem while shooting free handed.

If you enjoyed reading about "uberti "schofiled"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!