Where to send Florida CCW application?

PDA

SFB
July 27, 2009, 08:21 PM
I have been scouring the internet for hours now and can not find the address to send my Florida CCW permit application. I finally found on the Polk County Sheriffs website who to make the check payable to, Florida Department of State. For some reason I just can not find anything that says where to send everything to. I found an address to send your renewal form and one to send inquires for information. Otherwise the only thing the application says is to return your envelope with everything in it, problem is I printed the application from their website, which does not give a clear answer where to send it to. I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with this. I was planning on sending it out in the morning and don't have time to wait on hold trying to call their office while I'm at work, and unfortunately I usually get off of work when their office is closed. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to send Florida CCW application?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOME DEPOT GEORGE
July 27, 2009, 08:25 PM
Florida dept of agriculture license division. I'll try to get the link. http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/

SFB
July 27, 2009, 08:31 PM
HD GEORGE - Thanks for the link. That is where I printed the application from. They have a few different addresses on their website, but nothing that specifies which one to send your application to. I just want to make sure I get it right, it sounds like making one little mistake will cause you to have to resubmit everything again.

divemedic
July 27, 2009, 08:45 PM
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6687
Tallahassee, Florida 32314-6687

SFB
July 27, 2009, 08:46 PM
Thank you divemedic!

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
July 27, 2009, 08:48 PM
This is the back of my ccw http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/homedepotgeorge/licenseccw.jpg call the number with any questions they were very helpful with mine.

SFB
July 27, 2009, 09:18 PM
Awesome, thanks for scanning that HD GEORGE! I'm going to send it off to that address tomorrow.. I figure the worst that happens is they can deliver it to the right department... it is the government though so who knows.

non2os13
July 27, 2009, 10:50 PM
the building is on the exact opposite side of town from all of the other state buildings. send it in and be prepared to wait for a while.

trigun87
July 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
Whats the average wait time for new applicants i sent mine about four weeks ago.

lead-inspector
July 28, 2009, 05:59 PM
Is electronic fingerprinting an option for you? If it is, it has been reported to greatly speed up the process.

Steve

SFB
July 28, 2009, 10:31 PM
I did the LiveScan fingerprinting at my local PD for that very reason. It's also about $8 cheaper.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to send Florida CCW application?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!