Bad day today

PDA

Pietro Beretta
July 27, 2009, 10:43 PM
Alright, I had a bad day.

Money is tight around here, im sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

The cost of ammo is high, il just have to save up some money to be able to get 500rounds of 9mm, 45auto, .38 special -- .357 magnum. Ammoman.com usually still has a lot of ammo available.

About $1000 + if not more right there. If I plan to reload, il probably need to buy that ammo anyway, il need the brass. Then the problem is finding primers and bullets later on..

Im living with my parents for the foreseeable future, it will be about a year before I will be able to comfortably move out. Oh my parents are drunks.

I sell shoes, I make a little money, more than some, but not a lot. I get a 40% discount on any shoe I buy for myself. Im one of those people who does a lot of little things at work most people dont recognize or give credit for, I pick up a lot of other peoples slack, and USUALLY dont complain.
My moms birthday is on Thursday; however after talking to the owner of the company he will not give me a discount on a pair of shoes I want to buy for her. ($140.00 pair of shoes, yes i know :what: ) (What can I say my moms going to her mid-life and giving her something nice would be awesome, now I really cant afford it untill next paycheck after her b-day.... I feel a bit bad)

I also sold two of my firearms recently, being in California I have to go through a FFL to transfer guns, even if they are going out of state. I did buy my dads revolver off of him since money is tight with him too, and he needed a little cash.

The FFL holder that I shipped the hand guns through said they would ship UPS next day air saver last Thursday. Now it looks like they were shipped out fedex ground, one of them doesnt even show that it has even been picked up yet. Since I work as a warehouse manager and deal with customer service I feel bad for giving misinformation to the people I sold the firearms to. I know that the place I shipped the firearms through is giving me the run around, these people are incompetent idiots.

Oh did I mention I just quit smoking 3 weeks ago after smoking for 13 years, I know im still young, thats not that long right!? :banghead:

Thats just my short list,

Im sorry I had to Rant.

Il shut up and be in peace now that I got it out, thanks for listening.

I have to remember im still young, have my youth, im still alive. Oh and its a good thing that I quit smoking.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad day today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mags
July 27, 2009, 11:21 PM
Are you under 28? Sounds like enlisting in the military will solve all your problems.

You will get out of California

You will live in your own quarters

You will earn a liveable wage

shaggy430
July 27, 2009, 11:24 PM
Sounds like you need to save the $1K and move out of your parents' house. Either that or get a puppy.

I forsee this being locked quickly.

GojuBrian
July 27, 2009, 11:27 PM
Money wasted on unnecessary things imo. Time to prioritize my friend.

Rembrandt
July 27, 2009, 11:34 PM
Gift of $140 pair of shoes for your drunk mother???....they need some tough love even if they are your parents, leave home and learn from from those experiences & move on with your life. Not healthy to enable their bad choices.

Exposure
July 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
You are fortunate enough to have your parents STILL providing a roof over your head at 25 years old.

But on top of that you come on a public internet forum and proclaim that the very people who are providing you a place to live are "drunks". Very classy. Regardless of their drinking habits, an internet forum is decidedly NOT the place to discuss family difficulties.

Then you go on to whine about not being able to buy your mom a pair of shoes as a birthday present at a discount. Forget the stupid shoes, why don't you just do something nice for her? Do all the housework on her birthday and go load up the pantry/ fridge with groceries. Instead of saving up all that money to buy ammo, spend it on the people who are providing you with a place to live.

Jeez man, I won't get all sanctimonious here, but if you think you have it hard, you wouldn't even believe what I was doing when I was 25. And it wasn't posting on the internet complaining about my parents or my mean boss who denied me my employee discount. :rolleyes:

How is this gun related.

Nate1778
July 27, 2009, 11:48 PM
Shoot, things could be worse, you could be without guns all together. Buy some reloading gear, i'll send you some .38 shells. Life can be tough sometimes, just got to hold that chin high. Learn from others mistakes and make it a point not to repeat them........

ThrottleJockey72
July 27, 2009, 11:49 PM
How is this gun related.
Wondering that myself. Just mentioning a gun or two does not make this gun or RTKBA related. I cannot believe the mods are letting this one slide. Based on the "whiny" tone, I would suggest a second job selling mary k or avon. Just get mom a 6 pack and a pint of really cheap vodka.

Mags
July 27, 2009, 11:49 PM
JOIN THE MILITARY "Nuff Said"

GodGuns&Guitars
July 27, 2009, 11:53 PM
Back in January of this year I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma. They gave me 18 months back then. They removed a kidney, and found a lump in my neck that can't be operated on at this time. I will say a prayer for you but it is not the end of the world my friend. Cowboy up and keep on trucking you are young and there's nothing in this world that should slow you down. I fight every day.

Isaac's Grandpa
July 27, 2009, 11:56 PM
Another one for joining the military. I myself didn't, draft had ended and I wasn't thinking far enough ahead to join in peacetime. My youngest son did 6 years in the Navy as a nuke mechanic. Two years of school and four on the Nimitz. He started a civilian job after getting out at $57,000 per year.

Mags
July 28, 2009, 12:00 AM
Way to go on your youngest I am a nuke mechanic for the Air Force.

rbernie
July 28, 2009, 12:05 AM
Not even close to on-topic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad day today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!