38/357 Mail-in-Match for Fellow THR Members!

PDA

ReadyontheRight
January 18, 2003, 07:43 PM
Details at this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4649

If you enjoyed reading about "38/357 Mail-in-Match for Fellow THR Members!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
January 18, 2003, 08:23 PM
I signed in! Iguess that Bull barrel K-38 PPC gun is out of running . At 10yd rested I don't think you could measure"group" or would believe it anyway. Sooooo I will shoot my Officer's model Match one handed NRA style; as God made man to shoot a pistol!:D

charleym3
January 18, 2003, 10:48 PM
That's bragging if ever I heard it. Go ahead and use the PPC gun. Take your best shot. Everyone else will.

Okiecruffler
January 19, 2003, 10:59 PM
You guys might as well save your ammo. I've already sent in the winning target, shot with my ultra-target grade Taurus 650 CIA, with it's match grade 2'' barrel. I hand carve every bullet to exact dimentions, and count out each flake of powder. I even examine each flake under a microscope for uniformity. The gun was polished between the thighs of Scandinavian virgins, but I'm not sure how much that helped accuracy.

Thirties
January 20, 2003, 05:39 PM
All right you punters! I've just sealed my target in an envelope which will be posted tomorrow. Let's see how well we all do at this, eh?

charleym3
January 21, 2003, 05:57 PM
This does pose a problem. I have, well, let's just say "more than one" .38 revolver. I don't know which one is the most accurate. Is it considered cheating to test each one and then fire for score?

Mal H
January 21, 2003, 07:53 PM
Nah, that's not cheating. You can do just about anything you want to to practice before firing at the match target. The main rule is that you fire at your one-and-only-one match target with a continuous string of 6 shots from one revolver at the stipulated distance and type of hold.

charleym3
January 21, 2003, 07:55 PM
Okay, I can do that. Time to burn some ammo.

charleym3
January 27, 2003, 06:36 PM
The target is in the mail. I won't win, but I had fun. Can I get a preview of the next match.

aug e. dog
January 28, 2003, 10:54 AM
I sent in my target today. Don't worry, it's not a winner, but I did surprise myself and get all shots on target. The ammo I used was a 148 gr WCHB .38 Special. I have no idea what use this ammo would be for, but the seller mistakenly shipped me this item. It turned out to be fairly accurrate.

If you enjoyed reading about "38/357 Mail-in-Match for Fellow THR Members!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!