John Dillinger .41 Remington Sells For $95,600!

PDA

collector14
July 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.guncollectorsclub.com/images/remington_41_derringer.jpg
Remington .41 caliber Derringer confiscated from John Dillinger in 1934 (http://www.guncollectorsclub.com/news/?p=127). The Remington .41 caliber Double Derringer pistol, confiscated from gangster John Dillinger when he was arrested in Tucson, Arizona on January 25, 1934, is seen in a handout photo from Heritage Auction Galleries of Dallas. The pistol, confiscated six months before Dillinger was fatally gunned down in Chicago, sold for $95,600 in a public auction conducted in Dallas, Texas on July 25, 2009, a few days after the 75th anniversary of Dillinger's death.

If you enjoyed reading about "John Dillinger .41 Remington Sells For $95,600!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
July 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
I thought about buying it, but it's too hard to find ammo.:D

Shung
July 28, 2009, 12:25 PM
and the ammo wouldnt be cheap enough to shoot the gun a lot :p

collector14
July 28, 2009, 12:26 PM
You know that without the provenance, that is a $500 to $1,500 gun. I wonder how many of our fellow posters here own a piece with historical provenance.

Joe Demko
July 28, 2009, 01:07 PM
Apparently some murder fetishists are willing to pay quite a lot to service their kink.

ArmedBear
July 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
You know that without the provenance, that is a $500 to $1,500 gun.

Less. $500 would be top-end.

Apparently some murder fetishists are willing to pay quite a lot to service their kink.

LOL

I wonder how many of our fellow posters here own a piece with historical provenance.

I don't, personally, though I've seen one collection that was a large room filled floor-to-ceiling with guns that had significant historical provenance. The guy wasn't wealthy, either, just well-connected in a community with a lot of history and stuff lying around in back bedrooms.

I.e., by comparison, this gun is a very expensive yawn.

Personally, I have other things to blow money on, to care about owning any such stuff. Too many other things.

If you enjoyed reading about "John Dillinger .41 Remington Sells For $95,600!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!