Laser Cast bullets in .30/30

PDA

jaholder1971
July 29, 2009, 12:56 AM
I bought a box of LaserCast 170 grain LFP bullets and need some guidance.

They look like they need a gas check. Has anyone ever used them without the check, how well did they work and got any decent load data? I'd like to work up a load that got more oomph than a cowboy load but I don't need 1800-1900fps, either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Laser Cast bullets in .30/30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tkcomer
July 29, 2009, 09:35 AM
Can't really answer your question, but I use them for reduced power loads in my Win 94. 9.5grs of Unique and no gas checks.. I get a little leading but I understand that is because I'm not driving them hard enough. They are fun to shoot though.

loadedround
July 29, 2009, 11:18 AM
JA: If you call Oregon Trail (Laser Cast Bullets), they will be glad to mail you loading data for these bullets. I have never used any of their rifle bullets, but do load three different handgun calibers and have found their bullets to perform excellently at moderate velocities with absolutely no leading. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Laser Cast bullets in .30/30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!