I got a couple of questions hr about ammo prices and our hobby?

PDA

datruth
July 29, 2009, 01:51 AM
I just left a recreation center on post that sells ammo, is 190 otd a good price for 500 rds of magtech 45acp ball? Last question is buying 500 rds today crazy considering, i'm in a sling from a surgery on my arm repairing some nerve damage, and will probably be in a cast for another month or so , does that make me a gun nut or what?just curious

If you enjoyed reading about "I got a couple of questions hr about ammo prices and our hobby?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oro
July 29, 2009, 02:56 AM
About three years ago, a 50 rd. box of Magtech ball would cost you about $16 I recall, + tax or shipping. So you are paying close to "baseline" cost in my opinion. Offer the guy $160 and if he accepts it you have no worries; you've beat the local market and it's likely cheaper than you can pay now or in the next year, and it may not get that cheap again. So I'd say try to pay $160 to $175 and be happy. I certainly would.

The brass is good and reloadable, so that has value, to, to a reloader. I believe the headstamp will be CMC.

possom813
July 29, 2009, 03:03 AM
I picked up 3 boxes of magtech last year for 40 bucks at Market Hall gunshow.

I've seen it recently for about 17-18 a box.

I don't figure it's too bad of a price if you can afford and justify it.

orionengnr
July 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
I see "remanufactured" ammo for sale at that price (when available).
For factory ammo, I'd call that a deal.

Of course, I reload, so I would not pay it. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I got a couple of questions hr about ammo prices and our hobby?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!