9mm mak and 95g XTP problem.....

PDA

1858rem
July 29, 2009, 11:27 AM
what is the shortest possible length to load the XTP to? going by three references/manuals im pretty sure it is .965, but i had them loaded to .975 just to be on the safe side(pressure) and they did not want to feed and we never went past firing round #1.

my pressure is low im sure, im only using 3.2g tightgroup, and i have reduced the COL to .965 which is the minimum. i know since this is an old east German mak it was probably only meant for ball ammo and not HP's, but i was hoping that .960 might even be safe with a low charge to help ensure feeding.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm mak and 95g XTP problem....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joneb
July 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
I would make make a couple of dummy rounds(bullet and shell only)start with the longest COL and see if they manually cycle through the gun, if not try a little shorter. Also let the slide strip them from the mag. and check for set back and bullet deformation.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm mak and 95g XTP problem....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!