Need help with a Llama

PDA

windsor311
July 29, 2009, 02:36 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about a .38 Llama revolver. Also has Stoeger Arms on the right side.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with a Llama" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
July 29, 2009, 03:46 PM
Stoeger Arms is the importer. Llama made copies of Colt pistols and S&W revolvers. The parent company, Gabilondo and Co., went out of business in 2005.
Here's a fairly good article about Llama revolvers.
http://www.gunweek.com/2009/feature0101.html

windsor311
July 29, 2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks Sunray, that article is very interesting. The revolver I have looks a little different than the Martial or Comanche. I'd be interested to see if there were any other models or what value my revolver has since I plan on putting it up for sale.

Ron James
July 29, 2009, 07:29 PM
Your revolver looks like a Model XIII. 38 Special, vent rib, 4 to 6 inch barrel, listed in the 18Th Edition of the Standard Catalog of Firearms at 225 in excellent condition. Like Rodney Dangerfield, Spanish revolvers " don't get no respect". I had a Martial, just a so so gun.

windsor311
July 29, 2009, 09:12 PM
Better than I had hoped for! Thank you very much for the help Sunray and Ron. That is why I love THR.

Jim K
July 29, 2009, 09:33 PM
Good luck on the sale. Those weren't bad guns but they don't bring much used (less from a dealer) especially as they now have no "home" and obtaining parts is iffy.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with a Llama" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!