Gluooits in the garage...

PDA

mannyCA
July 29, 2009, 06:11 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else having fun shooting those .45 glue bullets propelled by primer only in the garage? :)
Here in central California its been hotter than hell the last few weeks and I've been popping off boxes stuffed with newspaper. (otherwise they tend to bounce back at'ch):banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gluooits in the garage..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rivraton
July 29, 2009, 06:27 PM
Dang, it's hotter in my garage than any place I can think of! You must have an airconditioned garage? I have some Xring rubber bullets I'm gona try when the primer supply loosens up..

Roccobro
July 29, 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm gunna need a link to these glue boolits please. :)

Justin

mannyCA
July 29, 2009, 08:20 PM
Not A/C just some big fans in the evenings, loading 'em are easy, get the glue sticks they sell at wal-mart, size & prime your brass, lube the glue stick and push it all the way in the case, trim flush to the top of the case like a wad cutter and blam away, good practice for trigger control.

kostner
July 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
Tried shooting rubber bullets primer powered at a target taped to a cardboard box on a dinning room chair and ended up shooting out the wicker back. Dumb idea and costly too. Wife was not impressed the least.

Ky Larry
July 29, 2009, 11:16 PM
kostner, I feel your pain. I broke an antique sugar bowl on the kitchen counter with the bushing from my .45 Kimber. Wives have no sense of humor.:uhoh:

Maj Dad
July 29, 2009, 11:36 PM
I used to use Gulf wax paraffin blocks with my Ruger 44 Super Blackhawk - take your primed cartridge case and push it down on the paraffin block and voila! a wax bullet. They dented seasoned barn planking at 30-40 feet with standard primers and would put a real whomp on a stray dog. After punching out a bunch, you can simply melt some down to the size you want in an old cake pan or the like. I do suggest drilling out the flash hole, though - the primers will back out and can lock up the pistol if you leave the flash hole as-is. Of course, then you have to segregate them from your real brass else the caca hit the fan when loaded with a regular load. I trimmed them down almost half-length after using colored markers for a while. But then if you have 44 Spl/Russian/etc the plot thickens... :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gluooits in the garage..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!