Video powder check?

PDA

Samgotit
July 29, 2009, 06:28 PM
Anyone ever set up a CC camera or camera/laptop combo to monitor their powder charges. I have to crane my neck (not a big deal) to check. I wonder if a video alternative would be a good solution. Should not need to very expensive I'd assume. Pros, Cons?

If you enjoyed reading about "Video powder check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
July 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
A simple little mirror doesn't run on batterys and require your undivided attention.
Or a powder-check die.

But I use 50 round loading blocks and check'm all at once with my calibrated eyeball.
Can't imagine doing it any other way.

rc

Samgotit
July 29, 2009, 06:37 PM
Ah, a mirror. Good idea as usual, RC. I think I'll give that a whirl.

I should mention this would be for a progressive.

rcmodel
July 29, 2009, 06:59 PM
I figured as much.

You can probably find a swivel mounted parts inspection mirror at the auto parts store for very little. That and a hose clamp should get you fixed up.

rc

floydster
July 29, 2009, 07:54 PM
RC has it right, use a loading block, 54 years of loading and I still use this method.
50 rounds at a time.
Floydster

Historian
July 30, 2009, 04:01 PM
Me too.

Historian

GP100man
July 30, 2009, 04:07 PM
mee three!

GP100man:cool:

Deavis
July 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
What are you loading on? A strong clip-on light and a quick look while seating typically works depending on the height of the case if you don't use a power cop. What is your setup?

If you enjoyed reading about "Video powder check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!