Savage/Stevens parts compatability.

PDA

jackdanson
July 31, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm considering picking up a stevens to "tacticool" out. What kind of parts compatibility is there between a savage and a stevens? Specifically I'd be interested in replacing the stock and trigger. Maybe the barrel down the road.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage/Stevens parts compatability." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Detritus
July 31, 2009, 02:00 AM
Unless they have changed things drasticly, the stevens should be compatible with most "Pre-AccuTrigger" savage parts. last i checked the Stevens 200 line actions were built to the pre- '04 Savage specs.
so...

Long action stevens 200 = uses same aftermarket bits as the "long action Pre-AccuTrigger"

Short action 200 = "short action Pre-A.T."

Oh there IS one exception to this basic rule, one piece scope bases. the stevens (i beleive) has always used a "round top rear" receiver, and the one-piece bases sold as "pre-accutrigger" are made for the flat-top-rear receiver used prior to the A.T.

beyound that my suggestions are the Bell&carlson medalist line and Sharp Shooter Supply (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/) for parts etc.

R.W.Dale
July 31, 2009, 02:59 AM
The only thing to watch out for is getting a staggered feed action. The newer centerfeed savage-Stevens rifles as of yet don't have nearly as many aftermarket options

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage/Stevens parts compatability." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!