Another Mini-14 Opinion

PDA

Rack Grade
July 31, 2009, 01:58 PM
Plain and Simple:

Wouldn't pay up for a new one, but I LOVE the Miini-14 because I can buy various vintages in near mint condition for $425 - $475 all day long, with some diligent hunting around.

The Mini is a terrific sub-$500 rifle in my humble opinion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Mini-14 Opinion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ratshooter
July 31, 2009, 09:08 PM
RG I see minis all the time at the gun shows for 4-500 bucks. These are the older guns everyone likes to complain about whether they have ever shot one or not.

Save your coins and treat yourself to a new 580 with the flared barrel. Its only money and the upgrade in accuracy is worth it. Also the newer guns have a much smaller hole in the barrel and mine throws its brass only 8-10 feet away. Plus I think all the new guns come with a factory 20 round mag. Also the new barrels are made on rugers barrel forging machine and not by an outside contractor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Mini-14 Opinion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!