Kimber SIS

PDA

mesinge2
July 31, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ahhh, Patience

I work 3 jobs just to pay $30,000 of Graduate school per year not including cost of travel and books, and they keep raising the prices. I wanted a quality 1911 in .45ACP for years. I own the Para p18.9 in 9mm. I got it used for $600, years ago.

Instead of b*tching about the cost; I saved for 8 months and bought a Kimber SIS 5" with Night Sights, because I did not want a full length guide rod.

At the same time I bought a 3 10 Power Mags for the range.

Shot it for the first time today, It was worth the wait.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber SIS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stbarsh
July 31, 2009, 08:45 PM
Dude, you're living the American Dream...work hard, put yourself to school, and save money for special niceties...

By the way, that SIS looks so cool...I've wanted one since reading about them in a gun rag...congrats on the purchase.

tcsnake
July 31, 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry, why did you not want a full length guide rod?

mljdeckard
August 1, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm a Kimber fan and good job and all, but wasn't it also an option to get a different model and switch out the guide rod?

I like G.I. style ones as well. I really got tired of looking foolish searching in the sagebrush for parts after I lost my grip changing out my .22 conversion kit.

mesinge2
August 1, 2009, 06:19 PM
TCSnake, It's just a preference. I don't like using a bushing wrench and if I had to strip it at the range I would have to have the wrench on me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber SIS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!