I'm finally done with it - enough is enough (AR, pics)

PDA

RP88
July 31, 2009, 10:07 PM
My Middie AR, built on mostly CMMG parts (upper, stripped lower, and buttstock/tube, for example)

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/CStick88/100_0368.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/CStick88/100_0369.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww244/CStick88/100_0375.jpg
...and a quick look at the EOtech 512 reticle and my messy bed, Ipod, and a Best Buy bag with the movie "Watchmen" in it

pretty much every X from 'the chart' is filled in, with the exception of things that I still need to do myself (stake the extension, for example).

Spent a tad over $1500 for parts and shipping combined.

all in all, I'm ready for the zombies and the new world order, at least in terms of equipment.:o

Now I need to get out to the local outside range with some good ammo and sight it in.

feel free to dump your own pics, give feedback on things I can maybe save up to put on it next, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm finally done with it - enough is enough (AR, pics)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P.B.Walsh
July 31, 2009, 10:27 PM
Nice!!! :)

bang_bang
July 31, 2009, 11:31 PM
What kind of rails/hand-guards did you install on that rifle?

That's about what I imagine my AR to look like when I'm though, except with folding front/rear sights and different optics. Very sexy indeed. :D

datruth
July 31, 2009, 11:37 PM
looks like mine before I changed it three times.The beauty of the ar15 platform is versatility

ByAnyMeans
August 1, 2009, 12:43 AM
It looks perfect to me. I love the Eotech site, enjoy.

cat_IT_guy
August 1, 2009, 12:54 AM
Done with an AR?!?!? I thought ARs were never done? Just kidding, looks good to me.

lions
August 1, 2009, 01:42 AM
That looks a lot like my hopefully not too distant plan except no VFG for me. Great looking rifle, where did you get the BUIS?

RP88
August 1, 2009, 04:09 AM
Model: I love the AK. I have a converted Saiga. But, there is no comparison: my AR is better. At least for me. Quicker, better range, better accuracy, and less recoil. But that is not to say that I will leave my AK in the safe; it will be either on my back or in my hands if the feces collides with the oscillating blades, along with my AR and others.

lions: I got the BUIS from bravo company's website. It is made by Midwest industries. Ran me about $95 pre-shipping. I ordered it with the EOtech 512.

Bang_bang: the handguards are free-float 2-pc. rails by YHM. The covers are the XTM ones from magpul. The rails came pre-selected on the upper from CMMG, but a lot of my aftermarket came from bravo (grip, bolt, covers, VFG, optic, and rear sight all from bravo). They ship fast and have excellent pricing and customer service, as do all other popular sites. I believe they have the same thing on their site, as well as endplates and adapters that you will need.

Eightball
August 2, 2009, 01:51 AM
Nicely done, good sir. Almost the same as what I'm eventually planning to do to mine.

HeavenlySword
August 2, 2009, 03:34 AM
chart? the milspec components chart?

cameron.personal
August 2, 2009, 04:20 AM
Looks great!

Cameron

RP88
August 2, 2009, 05:04 AM
Heavenly: yes. The same chart by Rob_s and others on m4.net. No, it is not completely filled out like a Colt, but I made sure to get a proper bolt and BCG, buffer, etc. to fill out the blanks. The only things not carried out milsepc (aside from the happy switch missing) is pressure testing on the barrel, staking the castle nut, and double heatshields, which don't matter since I opted for FF 2-pc. handguards over the standard ones.

Anyone else got some pics to show off? I need to take a look at some other ARs to see just how "done" I am:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm finally done with it - enough is enough (AR, pics)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!