M-1 carbine 30 cal

PDA

jbeasley09
July 31, 2009, 10:24 PM
I need help authenticating this rifle. Interested in buying, man I spoke to stated he carried in Korean war. I have serial nuimber and photos

If you enjoyed reading about "M-1 carbine 30 cal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
j-easy
July 31, 2009, 10:32 PM
can you post the photos and serial? doesn't have to be exact, 1234567xx is fine

Orlando
August 1, 2009, 08:03 AM
Highly doubful, more like its just like the one he carried in the Korean War
If it really is one he carrried, its stolen.
Buy the rifle not the story.
Whats he asking for it and what make is it?

bikerdoc
August 1, 2009, 11:59 AM
Yes more about the rifle, please. I am intrigued. Trying to find one in decent shape, at a decent price, as I carried one in the Nam.

JR47
August 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
CMP had them for the past couple of years. The last carbines were built just before the end of WWII. Korean War carbines would have been re-arsenaled WWII pieces. Same with Vietnam era issue.

USGI carbines in reasonable shape have appreciated considerably in value. If you're not overly concerned with "original, WWII", the Auto-Ordnance carbines of the past couple of years seem to be a good alternative. Kahr Arms, who owns Auto-Ordnance, has spent a good amount of time and money upgrading their QC, and the later carbines have benefited from that.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "M-1 carbine 30 cal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!