New Witness Match has a rail!

PDA

evans1010
July 31, 2009, 10:29 PM
After being a huge 1911 fan for a few years, I finally bit the bullet. The witness match had been in the back of my mind for a few years.

It came in today, I don't have it home yet so no pics.

I was quite surprised by the fact that the gun had a rail on it. Of all the pictures that I have seen none have had a rail. Is just a new feature on an old gun, or is it a limited production thing? Oh and what a gun for the money, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks
Nick

If you enjoyed reading about "New Witness Match has a rail!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mags
July 31, 2009, 10:30 PM
Where the heck are the pictures?

evans1010
July 31, 2009, 10:31 PM
I will have them in a day or so but it is killer looking, sorry but it is not currently in my possession.

Nick

GojuBrian
July 31, 2009, 10:51 PM
The EAA Witness is not a 1911, just fyi. ;)

atblis
July 31, 2009, 11:10 PM
I was quite surprised by the fact that the gun had a rail on it. Of all the pictures that I have seen none have had a rail. Is just a new feature on an old gun, or is it a limited production thing? Oh and what a gun for the money, I couldn't be happier.
With EAA, who the hell knows.

atblis
July 31, 2009, 11:19 PM
Here's a pic of a railed match. Interesting. The original was much better looking with the Bomar style sight. They then changed to whatever you call the new sight, and then now this.

http://discountgundealer.com/images/EA48213.jpg

Big Mike
August 1, 2009, 12:09 AM
Interesting. The witness .45 I had was the best ergonomic grip/fit I had of any auto I've ever owned. Now with a rail...

smoke63b
August 1, 2009, 12:39 AM
Big Mike have you tried the CZ75? Those ergonomics are what makes em shoot so sweet for me :)

Tropical Buzz
August 1, 2009, 03:20 AM
Me likee...

evans1010
August 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
I can only assume the rear sight change was in an effort to cut less and save money. I don't know about the rail, several comparisons I read put the lack of one as a disadvantage. Maybe this is one company that actually tries to listen to customers, even though I think it was a bit cleaner looking previously.

I am aware that this is not a 1911 hence the biting the bullet comment. Although I have to say the trigger isn't far off and with some thinner grips I may be there.

Thanks
Nick

wally
August 1, 2009, 10:12 AM
I hate rails. Another unnecessary "me too" modification.

Enjoy your Match 45, its a great pistol and one of the best bang for the buck guns out there.

You can save some money by getting the Mec-Gar mags for it, they are at least as good if not better than the factory mags.

--wally.

ParaElite
August 1, 2009, 10:59 AM
I prefer the no rails look. Henning Walgren may have some thinner grips for the Tanfoglio Elite Match. In fact I think he does but I am going to have to save up for them.

smoke63b
August 1, 2009, 11:01 AM
Same, I prefer no rail for looks. It does make sense on some handguns in some applications though. Not for me.

It's more of a tool to be used appropriately so in that situation looks don't matta!

If you enjoyed reading about "New Witness Match has a rail!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!