Colt AR .22lr conversion questions

PDA

Ditch-Tiger
August 1, 2009, 02:07 AM
Went back to MI for a vacation last week and my father gave me an original Colt AR-15 .22lr conversion kit still in the package with all the paperwork!

My first question is, does anybody's current production convertion kits magazines' work with the Colts? It looks like the "Olympic" one would and is available through cheeper than dirt.

The second is, since Colt is a semi-colectable name and to my knowledge they no longer produce these plus the fact that it has all the packaging and paperwork...should i use this or put it away as a colectable and pony out the change for a current production kit?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt AR .22lr conversion questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
August 1, 2009, 10:09 AM
I'd put it away with a light coat of oil, and get a dedicated upper, not a conversion kit.:)

AFAIK new mags (e.g. Ceiner, Black Dog Machine) work with all the standard conversions and dedicated uppers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt AR .22lr conversion questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!