How many safety rules does this violate?

PDA

another okie
October 25, 2003, 06:10 PM
Tulsa World today, page A 13:

"A man shot himself in the knee Thursday night trying to stick a gun into his pants, police said... Powder burns on White's injuries indicated that the wound from a close-contact gun shot, and officers suspected that he might have shot himself accidentally... Police said White (full name Clinton Wayne White) has a lengthy arrest record..."

Get a holster, dude! So much for the usefulness of baggy pants.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many safety rules does this violate?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dorian
October 25, 2003, 06:13 PM
Maybe he was using smartcarry or thunderwear :eek:

like me :cool:

Justin
October 25, 2003, 06:25 PM
Definately violates at least two of them: he had his finger on the trigger and pointed at something he (assuming he isn't insane) didn't want to destroy. I wonder if after he discharged the weapon he uttered 'but it's not loaded!' before the paramedics arrived.

Chupacabra
October 25, 2003, 06:26 PM
Doh!

:banghead:

I bet he had his finger on the trigger.

Tierhog
October 25, 2003, 07:43 PM
He almost had something else on the trigger. Ouch!!:what:

C.R.Sam
October 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
That'll learn him.

Sam

p35
October 25, 2003, 09:09 PM
I mentioned earlier that a guy I knew killed himself this way at the beginning of the month- LEO & president of the local rifle & pistol club. Definitely a bad idea.

Standing Wolf
October 25, 2003, 10:10 PM
Police said White (full name Clinton Wayne White) has a lengthy arrest record...

I'd say the only rule he violated was the one about killing your game instead of wounding it.

GD
October 26, 2003, 09:31 AM
It is too easy to have the trigger get caught on something when sticking a handgun into ones pants. A revolver would probably be more forgiving than a semiauto with a round in the chamber. Dumb anyway.

El Tejon
October 26, 2003, 12:30 PM
Lesson #1: Follow the 4 Rules. We need a catchy slogan like "The 4 Rules are cool" to get this lesson out.

Lesson #2: Get a holster. We need to burn every single copy of every gun rag that has ever held that sticking the weapon in your pants is "all you need."

TheeBadOne
October 26, 2003, 03:15 PM
"A man shot himself in the knee Thursday night trying to stick a gun into his pants, police said...
Lucky he didn't damage his "barrel"... :D

twoblink
October 27, 2003, 09:14 AM
He should have shot off more than his knee.

We just don't need people like this reproducing!!

Someone get his email and email the 4 rules to him..

If you enjoyed reading about "How many safety rules does this violate?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!