Moving Concerns (a scope question)

PDA

kis2
August 1, 2009, 04:14 PM
hey all

so i'm moving and using a portable storage container to do so. planning on putting the firearms in there. it gets up to about 106 degrees outside nowadays.... any concerns about storing my scoped rifle in there for a couple days? the rifle will be in its really thickly padded hard case and wont be in direct sunlight at all.

i know the rifle itself will be fine, its really the scope that worries me. legitimate concern or over protective?

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving Concerns (a scope question)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
otrman
August 1, 2009, 05:02 PM
Is there a reason that you can't just take them in the car with you? Personally I would not let them out of my control. And yes I know you can get insurance and they could be replaced but the hassle and paperwork for a stolen firearm is a PITA. I would not do it that way but that's me.

rcmodel
August 1, 2009, 05:07 PM
106 degrees certainly won't hurt a quality scope in the least.

rc

Vern Humphrey
August 1, 2009, 05:30 PM
106 degrees certainly won't hurt a quality scope in the least.
The inside of an unventilated storage container can get much hotter, however.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving Concerns (a scope question)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!