Folding stock without a pistol grip

PDA

Owlnmole
August 2, 2009, 06:18 PM
For those of us who live in or visit those states that still have de facto "assault weapons" bans in place, does anyone know of a source for a folding stock, or perhaps a quick takedown stock, without a pistol grip? I have in mind something like the old French MAS 36 CR 39 (http://flight.gear.free.fr/mas36%20CR39.html) paratrooper rifles that had hollow, folding aluminum stocks. I know the Kel-Tec SU-16 and SU-22 rifles would fit the bill, but I am looking for an aftermarket stock to fit something like a Marlin 60 or 70 or a Ruger 10/22. Thanks! Matthew

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding stock without a pistol grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deer Hunter
August 2, 2009, 06:21 PM
Hmm....

You could always make one out of a current stock. May not be pretty, but it would probably be rather functional.

Deus Machina
August 2, 2009, 06:30 PM
Some places may ban folding or extendable stocks. Check your laws.

If they don't, get out the hacksaw, and buy a hinge and a latch. With hand tools and ingenuity, I imagine a couple hours could net you a relatively attractive push-button folding stock.

rangerruck
August 3, 2009, 04:55 AM
get a saiga, then get a replacement buttstock, that is a folder. of course your cals are limited to 223, 762x39, and 308, and then shotguns. The marlins you are out of luck on, and i think ramline used to make , long ago, an excellent folder for the 10.22. I do not know who still does though.

Owlnmole
August 3, 2009, 02:06 PM
My understanding is that folding stocks in which the gun is not operable unless the stock is unfolded are not an issue...a bit like Kel-Tec in its California-legal version or the things like the old M6 Scout survival combination gun. Anybody know if that is accurate?

praharin
August 3, 2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.eme421.com/SAR.html

No idea who makes it, but they do exist.

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding stock without a pistol grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!