WASR10 and AK-47

PDA

giggitygiggity
August 3, 2009, 02:00 PM
What are the differences between the WASR10 and the AK47? I am talking about the commercial semi-autos. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR10 and AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasRifleman
August 3, 2009, 02:02 PM
WASR10's are all Romanian import copies. I think they were all imported by Century but I'm not sure of that.

So a WASR10 is one of the types of AK for sale here in the US. They really aren't "different", it's just a name for a specific maker.

benEzra
August 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
An actual AK-47 is a NFA Title 2 restricted assault rifle. There are no "genuine" AK-47's on the U.S. civilian market, aside from a small handful of pre-1986 Class III's that squeaked in before the Hughes Amendment to the McClure-Volkmer Act shut them down.

WASR's are sometimes called "AK-47's" colloquially, and are no less and no more deserving of that moniker than any other civilian AK derivative, IMO. Except for the lack of mag dimples, WASR's are pretty close in appearance to a real AKM.

If you enjoyed reading about "WASR10 and AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!