Just got a new AK

PDA

Dumptruck
August 3, 2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_combo_info&products_id=695

I was looking at this deal but hadn't heard any feedback good or bad about the handguards, pistol grip, or recoil buffer. Does anyone have any experience with this package?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got a new AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
August 3, 2009, 07:58 PM
I have one of the buffers in my Romy G kit build. It doesn't do anything at all, as far as I can tell.

-Sam

nalioth
August 3, 2009, 09:03 PM
Recoil buffers are designed to separate fools from their money.

They do an excellent job at this.

On a functional AK, the recoil spring will stop the bolt carrier before it touches anything.

W.E.G.
August 3, 2009, 10:36 PM
I cannot think of a more useless addition to an AK than some rubber buffer stuck in the mechanism.

I can hear Mikhail wretching all the way from Russia.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/humor/benEzra-keepTactical.jpg

Dumptruck
August 3, 2009, 10:56 PM
I knew in my heart that the buffer was a joke. I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Any opinion on the handguard and pistol grip?

rbernie
August 3, 2009, 11:00 PM
I've used that handguard on a WASR and liked it. It evidently was QUITE difficult to fit, according to the FLG who did it for me. He claimed that a lot of material needed to be removed from the barrel channel to make it work.

Z-Michigan
August 4, 2009, 12:12 AM
The pistol grip looks like the Advanced Technology, Inc. "strikeforce" AK pistol grip, which you can buy by itself for about $17. I have one and really like it. The grip shown could also be one of the imports, which is probably bad news because nearly all US civilian market AK's use the pistol grip as a US-made compliance part for 922(r) purposes. (The ATI grip is US-made; TAPCO and ErgoGrip also make US-made AK grips, and I'm sure there are others.)

I recommend the ATI pistol grip. Did I mention it's only $17?

No opinions on the other parts.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got a new AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!