Multinational AK furniture question

PDA

Eightball
August 4, 2009, 01:42 AM
I'm asking this for a friend. He's interested in buying a Yugo Underfolder from a local guy, but he wants to replace the handguard with a quadrailish something, and asked me a question to which I had no direct answer. Would a "standard drop-in AK handguard replacement" type of unit work on a Yugo AK? I know that the Yugo furniture differs quite a bit from that of some other nations in their slolts and width, but am uncertain about the "aftermarketability" of the things.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Multinational AK furniture question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
August 4, 2009, 02:02 AM
No, standard AK furniture won't work, but Ultimak makes Yugo specific front ends now also, if I recall correctly.

John Parker
August 4, 2009, 06:52 PM
I had a UTG handguard for my AK, but it really changed the balance. And, fyi, if you want to mount a foregrip it has to be far forward since the magazines rock into place. Some people like it that far forward, but I like to keep my arms in tight. :-) You can get an $80 offset adapter, but it's $80... I sold it the same day that it arrived in the mail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Multinational AK furniture question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!