I always thought these were interesting

PDA

mp5a3
August 4, 2009, 09:56 AM
I understand that they're pretty much junk, but you don't see them for sale very often.

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=15721&query=retrieval

If you enjoyed reading about "I always thought these were interesting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
American Rifleman
August 4, 2009, 11:41 AM
Definitely an interesting little gun.

Arkel23
August 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
I've actually never seen one in person, even at a gun show.

rangerruck
August 4, 2009, 12:36 PM
fully auto anything; I'd take it.

danweasel
August 4, 2009, 04:01 PM
I saw one at a gun show. It was pretty cool actually, if had a more disposable income I would have bought it. It was a semi though. Booooo.

mljdeckard
August 4, 2009, 06:11 PM
Am I the only one who thinks they are junk with a range measured in inches and doesn't miss them one bit?

FSJeeper
August 4, 2009, 08:03 PM
I got one in trade once, it was a total POS. Innacurate as hell. The most useless gun I ever owned and I traded for $200 against a real gun at a gun show.

I

Kernel
August 4, 2009, 08:17 PM
"Junk" might be a bit harsh. I'd reserve that term for the low melting point zinc metal handguns, like a Rohm RG or a Davis/Jennings/Lorcin anything. By most accounts the Tec-9 worked as advertised and did have a life span longer than a fruitfly. I'd prefer to call them a fun gun, or a spray-and-pray POS. It's a twelve year old's idea of what's "cool". What ever floats your boat.

mljdeckard
August 4, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'll put it this way. If an anti told me to justify why anyone would need one, I would be scrambling for words.

mongo4567
August 4, 2009, 09:02 PM
I saw one at the range once, it never made it through more than a handful of shots between jams...

PandaBearBG
August 4, 2009, 09:12 PM
Yes while that thing is a useless piece of junk, it still gets points for sweetness because it was in the greatest 80's movie ever. Big Trouble in Little China!

http://christiandivine.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bt1.jpg

Unfortunatly like in real life the gun was useless in the movie....

Birdmang
August 4, 2009, 09:13 PM
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

If you enjoyed reading about "I always thought these were interesting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!