How do you set double set triggers?

PDA

bernie
October 25, 2003, 10:40 PM
I was recently given a Thompson/Center Renegade with double set triggers. It had a nasty bore and needed a serious oiling down and cleaning. I did that and today I went to the range to get it zeroed before the next hunting season when I can use it. I am not satisfied with the double set triggers and was wondering how they are adjusted on this rifle. Any help would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you set double set triggers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
swampsniper
October 26, 2003, 06:15 AM
There should be a little screw between the triggers. Clockwise makes the pull lighter , vice versa. I find it good to cycle things after setting, it lets everything settle in. I do not like hair settings for most hunting. Hair triggers and adrenaline can be a little to much. If the screw is lost, it is either a 4/40, or 6/40. Sometimes they do work out and get lost. Put a little non hardening loc tite on threads, or clear nail polish.

http://groups.msn.com/Riflephotos

bernie
October 26, 2003, 08:07 AM
Thanks. The reason that I want to do it as the previous owner had a hair trigger on it and I do not want it to accidentally discharge.

swampsniper
October 26, 2003, 09:43 AM
In any of those gut tightening moments while you wait for the perfect shot the last thing you need is a hair trigger. For long ,deliberate shots, there is nothing like one. Are TC triggers still made to fire set or unset? I think I remember them that way. That is the best of two worlds.

http://groups.msn.com/Riflephotos

RUT
October 26, 2003, 11:09 PM
>>Are TC triggers still made to fire set or unset? I think I remember them that way.<<

Yes they are, so the answer is, if you don't want a hair trigger just don't "set" it.

Ky Larry
October 26, 2003, 11:15 PM
Bernie, check out Thompson/Center's web site at www.tcarms.com. They don't take customer service e-mails but their address and phone # can be found there.
Shoot well and often.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do you set double set triggers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!