My SKS

PDA

BUGUDY
August 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
I purchased a Yugo a while back, and loved shooting it. I did not like the feel of it though. So I had an idea. I cut the barrel to 17", recrowned and threaded it for a AK Tapco slant break. Replaced the stock with a ATI folder, which dropped in perfectly. I left the rear sights on and installed a UTG3 rail barrel mount. I turned the rails so that they were two on a side and one down. On the flat top side I drilled and tapped for a Marble shotgun sight, green flouescent. It shoulders great and is on target quickly with the flourescent sight, with the stock extended. Which was a surprise, it has an awkward look to it. . I also added a Tapco 30rd mag that has been flawless so far. It is folded here to fit in pic easier. I much better gun now IMO

If you enjoyed reading about "My SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gb6491
August 6, 2009, 01:59 AM
Nice:) Would a closer look at the front end work be possible?
Regards,
Greg

RP88
August 6, 2009, 02:05 AM
well, it looks to fit its function, so i can't say anything badly about it. I definitely like the creativity with what you did.

BUGUDY
August 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
It was used for a ammo burner before, now its a more fun ammo burner, plus it sits behind my bedroom door for HD. With the handling improvement its adds a new dimension for its use.

okespe04
August 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
I wish I would have bought more Yugos when they were $89. I would like to sport one out but I can't justify cutting up my only yugo. Nice mod though can't say I would do anything different if I did it myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "My SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!