Need info on Arisaka

PDA

allain
August 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
I think it is a Model 38. Working on photos.

I am cleaning this one for a friend. Bad shape. Lots of rust. He kept it in his attic with no protection. I don't know when it was last cleaned. Maybe never. Almost makes me cry the way some people care for their rifles.

The Chrysanthemum has been ground off. There is no floor plate. It functions ok, although somewhat sluggish. The grease is hardening and slows the trigger/firing pin functioning.

I need either an instruction manual or cleaning instructions. I would prefer a free printed booklet if one is available somewhere. Or some guidance on stripping the stock and bolt to get at the grease and rust.

Thanks for any help.

Roy

If you enjoyed reading about "Need info on Arisaka" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
August 13, 2009, 04:40 PM
Most of the takedown is obvious. To remove the bolt, pull outward on the bolt stop, the same as on a Mauser. To disassemble the bolt, simply remove it, hold it in the left hand and with the right hand push in and turn the safety knob (the large knob on the back) clockwise. The bolt will come apart. To reassemble, make sure the firing pin cocking piece is in the rear position, put the safety back on the only way it will go, push down and turn counterclockwise.

Jim

rcmodel
August 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
Yep! So easy even a caveman could do it.
Oh wait! They did in the South Pacific.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/arisakatype38/index.asp

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Need info on Arisaka" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!