Buying online without an address?

PDA

Hammerhead6814
August 10, 2009, 01:46 AM
My mail all comes through a little office where I live (apartment). Thing is the owners will not accept any mail pertaining to weapons, and of course by extension this means firearms. I can have them in my apartment, if they're locked up. I just can't order anything and expect them to receive it.

Does anyone know of a way around this? All I'm trying to do is order some stuff from Dinzag for a future Saiga rifle.

Yes it sucks to live with rules as such, but the rent is affordable and I can't be to picky when it comes to that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying online without an address?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Diamondback6
August 10, 2009, 01:49 AM
Box at Mail Boxes Etc., maybe?

almostfree
August 10, 2009, 01:54 AM
A private mail box (PMB) is probably worth investing in for your situation. They can be rented at most shipping service stores like the UPS store (formerly Mail Boxes Etc. as mentioned above).

N003k
August 10, 2009, 01:55 AM
Er...can they do that? If that's the only mailing address might that not count as tampering with the mail?

No idea if it really does...but may want to look into a P.O. box if they legally CAN...

johnny_boy
August 10, 2009, 01:57 AM
Do you mean firearms, or accesories and ammos? You have to ship firearms to FFL dealers anyways and you have to pick them up in person, so this should not be an issue? They won't accept gun parts or accesories? Ammo might be another issue...

Lonestar49
August 10, 2009, 02:00 AM

Have it shipped to your place of work.. Mon - Fri

Or, if, say, your parents live close by, ship it to their addy.

Ls

nalioth
August 10, 2009, 02:16 AM
Lawsuit?

Interfering with the U.S. Mail?

Just ask dinzag to mail it to you in a brown paper box/envelope.

Hammerhead6814
August 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
Renting a box? I'll look into that. Didn't know you could do that.

johnny_boy: They won't accept "weapons, or weapons related" items/materials/news, etc. It's all apart of the conditions for my rent. I had to sign a waiver to bring my guns into this apartment, and agree to the condition that they are locked up when not in my possession. So that means no furniture for a Saiga, no ammunition, and no parts. But hey, it's $390 a month. Try finding that anywhere else in KC that comes with one bed, one bath, a kitchen and a living area.

Trebor
August 10, 2009, 04:07 PM
It still sounds to me that they aren't allowed to do that. Interfering with the mail and all that. I'd check with a lawyer to see if that's an enforceable condition.

Other then that, MOVE!

Dazen
August 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
I have ran into problems having things shipped to my Po BoX from time to time. Some companies would do it and others wouldn't. Those that wouldn't ship to my Po BoX would only ship to my physical address. That was about 5 years ago when i was on the move alot, since then I managed to buy myself a nice home so let the Po Box go.

toivo
August 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
Do you have a UPS Customer Center near you? (Not a UPS Store, but a truck depot with a customer counter.) If so, find out the address and use that as your "ship to" address when you order your goods. Instruct the shipper to label the package as "hold for customer pickup." Track your package online. When it's in, just swing by the Customer Center with your ID and your tracking number to pick up your package. It's an extra trip for you, but will solve your problem without your having to pay for a post box.

This can be done with parts and ammo, but not with a firearm, for the obvious reason.

One thing to be aware of: The customer counters tend to have odd hours. The one near me, for example, is only open from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.

Bill2e
August 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
They can not censor your mail legally. It is up to you to deal with it as you see fit.

How will they know what is in the box anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying online without an address?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!