.380 auto loader pistol help!

PDA

Birdmang
August 11, 2009, 04:06 PM
My friend got this pistol and we cant figure out what it is except that is shoots .380!

any help will be great, thanks!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/bassbikerdan/brettgun.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about ".380 auto loader pistol help!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clermont
August 11, 2009, 04:54 PM
It is a Beretta Model 1934 pistol. If it was 7.65mm(.32 ACP), it would be the Beretta Model 1935.

rcmodel
August 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
Well, with that much information to go on, I'm gonna say it is a crome finish Jennings with S&W grips & Colt sights on it.

You would need to tell us something at least, to give us a clue what in the world you are asking about beside just "it shoots .380".

Added: I'm gussing there must have been a picture I can't see?

rc

Jim Watson
August 11, 2009, 05:06 PM
Yup, there is a picture. It is a 1934 Beretta that looks like it has been reblued with enough buffing to wipe out the markings.

rcmodel
August 11, 2009, 05:18 PM
O.K.

The picture is there now.

I agree it met up with a buffer guy in the worst way.

rc

Birdmang
August 11, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yes there is a picture, and I took another one of the other side. Again there is no writing on it, so all I can say is that is shoots .380

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/bassbikerdan/2009-08-11_105705.jpg

Clermont
August 11, 2009, 05:22 PM
The left grip remains untouched with the Pietro Beretta "PB" logo.

Birdmang
August 11, 2009, 05:25 PM
Long story short my friends dad is a ninja master who made up his own martial art called cobra kai kung fu; one night walking thru Chicago he was approached by a guy with a pistol, he disarmed the man and kept the pistol, then gave it to my friend...its got one grip made of clear plastic, one original.

THanks for the help!

Now we can get the other grip.

Clermont
August 11, 2009, 05:31 PM
Any grips from either the Beretta Model 1934 or 1935 will fit.

garyr
August 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
I'd be a little concerned of where the guy who approached your friend's father got the pistol...who knows where it has been...what it has seen....what crimes were committed with it.

Birdmang
August 11, 2009, 05:35 PM
It happened in the late seventies so its been a while but that is an issue. The owner of the gun is 21 so I am not too worried about the crimes that it could have used in the past.

oneounceload
August 11, 2009, 06:51 PM
Have one - Beretta model mentioned is correct - mine is dated 1943......works great, although I find the grip angle somewhat awkward

Ron James
August 11, 2009, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, was the serial number buffed out also?:eek:

Birdmang
August 11, 2009, 07:52 PM
No, the serial number is there. It is all numbers, so the gun is from the 30's.

Jim Watson
August 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
Probably a WW II souvenir. A GI took it off an Italian POW. He made a grip panel out of a piece of Lucite so he could put a picture of his girlfriend or favorite actress under it. He liked shiny guns so he had it polished and blued when he got home. He eventually got married and his wife made him take out the picture because it was of a previous girlfriend. There are a lot of guns like that in the bureau drawers of elderly veterans or their sons... or grandsons.

berettaprofessor
August 12, 2009, 10:44 AM
What Watson said....late WWII guns were produced in a hurry without the usual factory and caliber markings. What is the serial number; JB Woods book could give us a year but I'm betting late 44 to early 45...the left grips are standard for that era. Also, it looks like the proofmark on the left "beavertail" may still be legible but I can't see it well enough on the picture. That's the best indication of what you have.

If you enjoyed reading about ".380 auto loader pistol help!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!