What color sights do you prefer?

PDA

Quadkid
August 11, 2009, 06:51 PM
My 1911 has white sights and i find them hard to acquire in any light situation. Its an older model with staked on sites and i dont want to pay someone to put on tritiums or anything, I just want something to help me out a little bit. I am looking for opinions on which color to paint them. Whats a good color to pick up in low light situations?

Thanks

Sean

If you enjoyed reading about "What color sights do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
highorder
August 11, 2009, 11:11 PM
My 1911 has a red front blade with a black notch rear.

Quadkid
August 12, 2009, 12:32 AM
i tried orange tonight, but i think i am going to remove it off the back sights. The dots are too small to be colored I think.

I may have to give red a try.

rcmodel
August 12, 2009, 12:32 PM
Red & Black are nearly indistinguishable from each other in low light.

White for night.
Black for the rest of the time.

rc

Pistol Pete
August 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
I needed the ability to see my sights in low light so I took the plunge on my 1911 and put on Trijicon tritium sights. I have no regrets as both the night and day target acquisition is vastly improved. The only possible downside is the sights are slightly taller.

highorder
August 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
Red & Black are nearly indistinguishable from each other in low light.

'tis true, but I really like red in daylight.

At night, the flashlight in my off hand gives me a very clear sight picture. Everything looks black. :)

JMusic
August 14, 2009, 09:28 PM
Flourecent Red. All colors except Lumies can't be seen at night.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "What color sights do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!