Found Primers in Bicycle Shop!

PDA

Mags
August 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
Made my rounds on my way to work yesterday as usual visiting the local shops buying primers. Well I went to one they had primers and I bought the limit they had set. They then referred me to a local bicycle shop to buy my desired quantity. I went over to the bicycle shop and all I seen was bicycles. I asked a young fella at the service counter if they had primers. The kid replied " let me show you to our reloading section." I found that funny a reloading section in a bicycle shop. Anyways he took me to an added on room that was full of primers,powder,bullets and hulls! I seen the primers and asked what the purchase limit was as most stores locally have set limits for the shortage. The fella replied I could buy 100 or 100,000! I was very surprised that a bicycle shop of all things had such an abundant stock at good prices to boot. The primers were only 29.99 per 1k. I really felt like I was in a dream I mean a backroom full of primers!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Found Primers in Bicycle Shop!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deltaboy
August 13, 2009, 05:06 PM
Enjoy now days many people are branching out.

ThrottleJockey72
August 13, 2009, 05:19 PM
Was it Northeast Cyclery by any chance? How was their supply of powder?

Erich
August 13, 2009, 06:21 PM
I know where you're talking about . . . ;)

Cosmoline
August 13, 2009, 06:27 PM
Quite a number of us peddlers are also handloaders. We'll be the only ones functional when the Big One finally hits ;-)

Schofield3
August 13, 2009, 06:34 PM
**You saw nothing**

I found the place first! Hahaha I too know where ye found the buried treasure!

Superlite27
August 13, 2009, 06:34 PM
Sweet.

People unfamiliar with the area I live in always remark about a place called Joe's Jug when they visit.

Joe's is a liquor store/gun shop. Folks who visit always think it's strange that you can walk into Joe's and buy a bottle of Jack and a pistol. But trust me......when deer season rolls around, it's THE place to be. You can check your deer, grab a twelve pack, some more hunting ammo, a hand warmer, some smokes, another blaze orange hat, a bottle of Old Scratch to toss behind the seat of your truck, that scope you've had your eye on, and have it mounted. Then go stand around the parking lot and gawk at everyone's monster they bagged.

I bet ol' Joe makes a killin' during deer season.

Bicycle/gun shop.....not a bad idea.

35Rem
August 13, 2009, 06:56 PM
Is it April First again?

The Lone Haranguer
August 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
Joe's is a liquor store/gun shop.

He should add bail bonds. Now there would be true one-stop shopping.

Geneseo1911
August 13, 2009, 09:30 PM
My local dealer:
"Dave's Firearms & Cycle Repair"

http://www.dexknows.com/business_profiles/dave_s_firearms_and_cycle_repair_inc-b140200

Dave used to big a big-time competitive cyclist. His knees went, so he started shooting. His main business is selling guns, but he also carries reloading stuff and does some light gunsmithing. The back half of the store is occupied by bicycle racks & parts. He has a part-time bike mechanic and still serves a loyal base of customers who have been coming to him since it was just "Dave's Cycle Repair".

I always wondered if the opening of the gun store lost him any business with the Urbana hippies.

Somewhere there's a bicycle forum with a thread:
"Found [insert obscure bicycle part here] in a Gun Store!"

remmy1911
August 13, 2009, 10:23 PM
Iver Johnson was a firearms, bicycle, and motorcycle manufacturer.

Maelstrom
August 13, 2009, 10:46 PM
Which is nothing compared to Singer, the sewing-machine/firearm manufacturer.

weisse52
August 13, 2009, 11:17 PM
OH MY!!!

Now that is a store I could get stay a long time in.

My two loves, anything bicycle, anything shooting.....

TOTC
August 13, 2009, 11:26 PM
Back in the mid nineties I worked for a couple. He ran the gun store side of the business. I bought my Ruger P90 from him. She ran the convenience store side. They were Italian and she made the best garlic balogna sandwiches in at the deli counter. You could buy your gun, your beer, and a tag for your deer, all at one place. It reminds me of the joke, that the ATF should be a convenience store, and not a federal agency.

4v50 Gary
August 14, 2009, 09:06 AM
Lucky you. Last bicycle shop I visited was very anti-gun.

Gungle George
August 14, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Real Mag,

The guy that owns that shop is a big trap shooter. I've been buying reloading supplies there for years. And if you pay cash, no tax!
Come shoot with us at the Albuquerque Trap Club!

Cheers,

Gungle George

MrBorland
August 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
My two loves, anything bicycle, anything shooting.....

As Cosmoline suggested, there are a bunch of us here who feel the same :)

zoom6zoom
August 14, 2009, 03:52 PM
Which is nothing compared to Singer, the sewing-machine/firearm manufacturer. I used to maintain mainframe computers manufactured by them as well.

Ratshooter
August 14, 2009, 09:25 PM
You found primers in a bicycle shop? Thats no big deal. I found primers in a gun shop. Top that!

CZ223
August 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
I have never seen so many gun stores and pawn shops in one area in my life. I wouldn't be surprised to find a Laundrymat with a gunstore in the back.:neener: I've only been there twice but I'll bet we hit 8 stores in just a couple of miles. The best part was that there were the stores that had lots of the everyday rifles and pistols and other where you could buy a Barret or Grizzly 50 cal. We even went to one little place where the guy built custom competition and varmint rifles. Up here in Maine, when I was a kid we had 3 general stores within a few miles of where I lived where you could buy Alchahol, Tobacco and, Firearms. You could also buy ammo. Sadly, they are all gone now but there is a place in Freedom NH, called the Freedom Market, where you still can. I am gonna have to look for that Bicycle store when I get out there.:D

HeavenlySword
August 15, 2009, 03:31 AM
Lucky you. Last bicycle shop I visited was very anti-gun.
In NYC, the bikers tend to be very... green, tree hugging, 'life loving', types... who would scream if they saw an evil black rifle

Most of them.

doc2rn
August 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
I like my bailbond, mil-surp, pawn broker, ammo store.

Mags
August 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
CZ223, A new shop just opened up now that builds custom 1911s from scratch they have all the milling equipment and everything. Very nice setup.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found Primers in Bicycle Shop!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!