Accessories for a Winchester 1300 Defender

PDA

bobw
January 18, 2003, 11:29 PM
I recently bought my first shotgun, a Winchester 1300 Defender (still waiting to pick it up, though). Are there any accessories anybody can suggest that would be useful? It is for home defense.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accessories for a Winchester 1300 Defender" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
clown714
January 19, 2003, 10:17 AM
the only thing that i added to mine was a sidesaddle:)

i'm a staunch advocate of KISS:D

oh yeah,a couple of boxes of Fed tactical #4's
(can't believe i typed tactical:p )

clown

Ewok_Guy
January 19, 2003, 10:58 AM
Ammunition.. lots and lots of ammunition.

TarpleyG
January 19, 2003, 11:02 AM
The only things I bought were a $10 nylon sling, a wall-mounted Loc-Box from Mossberg to secure it for easy/ready access in case I need it, and a $6 hard side platic carrying case from Wally World to tote it to the range. Buying ammo and practicing is all you really need for it though. I, too, am a fan of KISS.

GT

Dave McCracken
January 19, 2003, 01:44 PM
Lots of ammo, including light promo loads for familiarization.

After running a case or two of loads through your new shotgun, you'll be in a better position to tell what will help you be more effective AFTER you've become effective through expertise.

HTH, and feel free to ask questions, we've a think tank of shotgunners here, and centuries of combined experience...

bobw
January 19, 2003, 01:50 PM
What kind/brand of side saddle works best for the 1300?

Duke of Lawnchair
January 19, 2003, 02:10 PM
Ammunition.. lots and lots of ammunition.

Amen.

glockster96
January 20, 2003, 01:02 AM
I had to put a mag extension on mine. Otherwise she's box stock. :)

glockster96
January 20, 2003, 01:24 AM
Here's a pic:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1406086.jpg

HS/LD
January 20, 2003, 12:37 PM
I have a 1300 Defender for HD.

For Home Defense I would suggest a light of some kind first.

Then a sidesaddle shell carrier.

Then lots and lots of ammo! :)

Thats about it.

Regards,
HS/LD

Sir Galahad
January 20, 2003, 10:23 PM
The 1300 Defender is blessed with coming ready for action right out of the box. I own two and they're great. Action is fast and slick. I have a black synth stocked one and a wood stocked one. Both are fun shooters and both have hundreds of rounds through them without a single glitch. Speaking of fun, I understand the 1300 is the only pump that Aguila Mini-Shells feed flawlessly in. At least that's what their website says. Never tried them yet myself. For defense, I keep a 1300 loaded with 3 rounds of #1 buck and the remainder 00 buck.

Amish
January 20, 2003, 11:23 PM
Advance Technology pistol grip stock. Make it look like a Benelli for a faction of the cost.

BudS
January 20, 2003, 11:41 PM
Advanced Technology, Inc. Buttstock w/ pistol grip, ATI sidesaddle and an extra barrel clamp holding a C-cell Maglight, sling, shooting Aguila Minishells. Fully loaded & with the Aguilas back-to-back in the carrier, the shotgun carries 23 rounds. The Aguila shells will load reliably in the 1300- other SGs have to have their elevator modified. The 12-ga. Aguilas have about the same recoil as a 20-ga 2-3/4

Good shotgun to begin with, handles better w/ the addition of the stock above!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Accessories for a Winchester 1300 Defender" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!