Smith & Wesson 3000

PDA

Orlando
August 14, 2009, 06:40 PM
Anyone know how to date a S&W 3000 Shotgun. Its a police trade in
Thanks guys
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/Smith%20Wesson%203000/MVC-002S.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 3000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pistol Toter
August 16, 2009, 11:04 AM
Orlando,
When you first postred this I looked in my Standard Catalog of S&W. I was a bit shocked to find so little information. No data on what flowers to bfing for the first date or type of wine, etc.:D Anyway, joking aside; there is very little information. You might repost this question over in the shotgun forum and certianly you could call S&W Customer Service and perhaps get some idea of a date. A tuxedo is always a woman pleaser.:what::evil::neener::D
P.T.

Radagast
August 16, 2009, 11:11 AM
The Standard Catalog of S&W notes that the Model 3000 was introduced in 1983 and was manufactured by Howa in Japan for S&W. Your picture is of a model 3000 Police, these came in blue or parkerized finish, 18 or 20 inch barrel, cylinder or slug barrel, fixed or folding stock. No serial number ranges are given to help determine dates.

Orlando
August 16, 2009, 02:17 PM
Mine is parkerized 20 inch barrel, it reads Pol. Cyl.
I'm guessing Police Cylinder but exactly what is that?
Thanks guys

Pistol Toter
August 16, 2009, 06:18 PM
I'm not familiar with the term "Police Cylinder". Normally the terms Full, or Modified or Improved Cylinder are used. I would guess the Police Cylinder would be wide open or no choke. Again you might get better results over in the Shotgun Forum. There are some guys over there that know their stuff ie Dave McCraken

Orlando
August 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
OK ,Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson 3000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!